My best friend has some problems with his health

i am not sure if this is the right place to post this but my best friend has some problems with his health. He has severe and frequent stomach pains, he feels cold all the time, he becomes weak and he is unable to breathe at times. He has been to doctors and they cant figure out whats wrong but my friend somehow believes that he has some major problem and that he is going to die soon. Whenever we talk, he mentions that his life may end at any given day and he acts as if he may not be here much longer. He is actually expecting death. He is depressed most of the time and worried although he doesnt show it to everyone else and he has started to keep distanced from people close to him so that they will not be as hurt when he leaves them. I want to get him thinking positive again and help him to see that life has alot in store for him yet.....how do i help him?

If he is unable to breathe have they checked his heart? Blood pressure is normal??

Anyways, I'm not a doctor but I can understand what your friend is going through. I've had 2 hearts surgeries in the last 5 yrs and i'm only 24. It's really hard to watch someone push everyone away...but you are not responsible for him. Doing what you're doing and being there for him is what I would suggest for the main course here. I doubt YOU can get him to stop his pushing away behaviors, that's got to come from the inside. Besides, having gone through similar emotions as him I can say that you at times think that no ones understands you....well that's right I mean how can you? You can be there for him...but the change has to come from within him.

Its possible that your friend's problem is more psychological than physical. He may have convinced himself he is sick to the point where he is exhibiting symptoms, yet doesn't really have anything wrong with him. Has he seen a psychologist/psychiatrist for an evaluation? You've mentioned he is depressed so he really should have some counseling for that.

I'd recommend a psychiatrist over other kinds of therapists because they have a medical degree. They would be more likely to know if his physical symptoms indicate a true health problem or not.