This is getting very, VERY old! (no to mention annoying)

Hey there,

I don't know those of you who are familiar with my granny, but if you aren't let me make it brief. Know this that she is a real pain the the neck, and other areas. I have to deal with her in and out everyday with her talk about me not "socializing". I'm like "what? granny i have friends if that's what you're talking about. Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean im a loner of something! geeezzz!" Lets just put is this way. She isn't convinced that i have friends and she believes that i isolate myself from the family and the world in general. She thinks im a shy introverted freak that needs to seek counseling to help me with my "problem".

You guys just don't know how fustrating this is with her coming to my house to confront me in front of everyone just because i hang up on her and won't answer the phone. You just have to understand because this has been going on for the past four years. will it ever end? Just last night i called her on my cell just to say hi. After abou t six minutes into the converstation she slowly eases her way around to the topic of me "being alone" i start to notice and i say " Granny, i called you to say hi. Not to argue with you about something that doesn't even exist!" she continues to argue and i just say "forget it". i pull the phone away from i ear and i hang up feeling glad that i didn't have to hear her. i say to myself, " man, i didn't want to hear that at 9:20pm for cryin' out loud! i just can't talk to her she's to obsessed, to concerned, too complicated .

She didn't try to call back and i was glad. my stepmom said " don't even worry about it. she needs to back off..old people can be very annoying sometimes always tryin to make the kids lives the way thiers were. She just needs to back off, Candace. Don't even worry about it."i felt better, but then my heart upped it's pace when i realized that she might come to my house and.....who knows! she did it before she will do it again. i just know that have nothing to prove to her. im not going to prove anything to her. im going to let her have her own intutitions about me regardless. thanks for you time. all advice welcome to this insane matter.

"do not go where the path may lead, instead take you own way and leave a trail." capricornus

Balancing family issues can be challenging but remember your "granny" won't be with your forever, so try to understand she may only be wanting the best for you, but doesn't realize her presentation is actually making you more distant. Generation gaps can be frustrating when the thought process is so different between the two ages. Speaking for myself, having been born in Germany and growing up with strict parents, I had my share of frustration because their rules & thought process was different than American families. In the end though, I now realize that it was all for my own good, it was their way of showing love and reflected back to how they were raised. Your granny may be right on some things she says, and wrong on othersm but either way I wouldn't hang up on her. She is showing concern in her own way. Have you ever had a heart to heart talk with her? Tell her you really appreciate her concern and love, but we all have our own unique personalities, and after all...you are just 18 and have a whole lifetime of experiences ahead of you. Nothing wrong with being a loner at times either. Some of the most famous & creative folks are loners at times. I read your prior posts...You sound like a very creative person, and if you enjoy writing that is something you should look into. If not at a career, ...for pleasure. Who knows, maybe you can dedicate your first novel to your special granny.

Good luck,

Woobiegirl...