Scared to take a bath!!!!Please Help

My daughter is 10 mos old and used to love taking baths but then one day she just decided not to like it anymore. So everytime I have to give her a bath she screams and tryes to cling onto me acting like shes being murdered or something. Is there anything that I can do to help her like baths agian, or at least stop her from kicking and screaming when she has to take them.

Could your daughter have some kind of skin irritation or something that it bothers her to take a bath and is scared of? Have you talked to a physician?

I'm not sure what would cause her to get scared...I hated taking bath til I was 10 just because the shampoo always got in my eyes.

It's normal - both my kids went through stages like this.

If she's small enough, try giving her a bath in the kitchen sink where she's at eye level with you, or take a bath WITH her - she'll get past it and start liking them again. Seems as their perceptions start changing, some familiar things become intimidating and scary, and some babies get more security conscious, but don't worry, it will pass! Don't be surprised if she starts fussing when you leave her with someone she always loved staying with etc either, just be patient, keep reminding yourself it's a phase and she'll get through it and be back to "normal"

hahahaha...i find it very funny actually....i used to be like that too, when i was a child. but that was because i was embarrassed with my dad. i began acting like your daughter, hating to take a bath. have you tried to reward her with something after she's taken a bath? makes sure she takes the bath by herself, she is nearly growing up

ever though of having one of the parents actually take a bath with her? i mean you say she clings on, to see that a child has to experiance something on there own, sometimes leaves them with doubts about doing it. if you encouraged your child by actually getting in the bath with her a couple of times, reassuring her that since your ok then theres nothing to worry about.

is there anything in particular she doesnt like about it? like the water running for the bath, if so keep her away at that point. and like the others said, make sure she enjoys it and plays.

i hope you figure this one out.

kel