hey hope you all are fine. Im thinking bout leaving school mid term and im not sure if it is the right decision, i hope you can help.

i want to leave school because im really unhappy bout it, i have no enthusiam for it at all, basically it depresses me. i have no problem what so ever with the actual work just the whole being there and having to do it.

I have spoken to various people including my parents and head of year, who are all a bit disappointed because i could do well and get good grades. i dont actually need the further grades im doing to do wat i want to do and i have my path planned for what i would do if i leave so im fully prepared either way, but

i dont know where my heart truly lies. i would love to leave skool and not have all the worries and annoyances etc that it throws at mi, but i have uncertainties like what if i did try to stay on would it get better? and all my friends are there and i would miss them, though i definitely wudnt miss a few girls who i would call "female dogs".(dont want to swear now do i). and what if i ive made the wrong decision with my choice on wat im going to do when i leave?

what do u think?

how do i tell which is the right path for me and where my heart really does lie?

hey man,

Its your life and you should do what makes you feel more comfertable. Listen to you gut feelings. Everyone goes through these decisions and do what they feel is in their own best interest. But what ever you do, make sure you have no regrets!

When i was leaving for university, my parents told me to stay at home and do my studies as opposed to go off to accomadate for myself. Others had told me that they wished they had stayed with their parents. I listened to what i desired and felt what was right and left, and i love the freedom!

i would love to leave skool and not have all the worries and annoyances etc that it throws at mi, but i have uncertainties like what if i did try to stay on would it get better? and all my friends are there and i would miss them,

Your future is more important then missing your friends. Don't worry about them, you will make new ones, and those who are your true friends will remain your friends wherever you go. I would also like to say that anything good requires hard work. ANYTHING. The school work helps set you up for what you are currently contemplating, and the harder you work, the more rewards you will reep. Don't leave because of the hard work, because life will be full of it and in some cases you can't run away from it.

Education is very important, and the more you have of it the more successful you will be in life. I know a friend who left school at 16- he hated. Now he is 21 and regrets leaving. If you have your life planned out, and don't enjoy school then go for it. I can spend hours telling you about this, but i'll keep it short.

This is your life and your future. Do what you want to do. You do not have to let your parents or head of year etc decide. Listen to them though, and their experience. Listen to people who have been in your situation. But it is ultimatly your decision.

Good luck

Hi Nikki,

You have come to a point in your life where you do not see the meaning of things. You first say you already know what you are going to do and a few sentences later, you state that you do not know where your heart really lies. Please do not decide if you are not certain!

Please consider everything what vfunkera says also.. I do not want to sound like your mom, but I will: by finishing school may opportunities lies before you, many more than when you will drop out of school.

Find something that will make school worthwhile: some school-related activities (sports, theatre, arts).

I hope you will find your joy in educating yourself!

Hi there It's good that you're already making important decision at your age. Heck when I was 16, all I thought about was finishing high school. You must be very intelligent having to go to University so early. What do you exactly want to do?

There are people that go to universities because:

1. He/she has a passion for a certain subject

2. For career & money

3. Friends are doing it

4. Others are successful in the same field

And to be honest...it's everyone's choice but big mistakes are made when you follow someone's results. Do what you really have a passion for and direct your education & career from there Good luck!

You should never leave school. The most important thing about school is that it teaches you how to finish what you started. Just like love, just like a job, just like anything, things get tough. The successfull people in this world stick it out.

Please remember it won't always be this way. This is temporaty.

You should stay in school until you are finished.

The fact is, there will be times in your 20's, 30's, 40's, and 50's when times are tough, the economy is slow, your responsibilities increase. If everything goes wrong in your life, you have your education to fall back on.

Education is an insurance policy for life. To not obtain an education is ONE OF THE BIGGEST MISTAKES YOU CAN MAKE.