how do i get rid of it?

Hi there

Need some advice, im out to loose major weight, and IV visited this herbal health shop and they put me on these tablets and they were really good at one point so I stopped, and I started to eat like a pig and I started to take these tablets but now they don't seem to work. Im not a freak about loosing Wright but. Wanna look good, I don't go staving my self. I have a toast for breakfast, a sandwhich for lunch and then a normal dinner.

Any one tried anything which may help.

For me loosing weight meant a permanent change of lifestyle.

I had to alter my eating habits long term, although not drastically. I found it very imprtant to get enough physcial activity to use up some excess calories. Once I'd lost some wieght, I had to keep that up so I didn't gain it back.

I suspect what works for me is to end up increasing my metabolism in general, rather than trying to lose weight by only dieting.

Although I'm not exactly an expert at this topic, I do have some friends that have lost large amounts of weight using just small lifestyle changes. The most dramatic is a friend that has lost 150 lbs. Just by changing when he eats. He went from skipping breakfast, eating a normal lunch, and a good sized diner just a couple hours before he went to bead to getting up a little early to eat a good sized breakfast, eating a normal lunch and having a sandwhich no less than 4 hours before he went to bead. He always kept fruit and veggies with him for a snack in between meals. He might just be a special case, but when you eat changes you're resting metabolic rate, and if you can increase you metabolic rate you burn more calories just by you're normal activities.

For the most part the best way to lose weight is to eat more healthy foods like fruit and vegetabales, and to exercise. Exercise is a very important part of losing weight. If you just a run a few times a week and do sit-ups and low strain exercises like that you will not only feel a lot better but you will certainly lose weight

Whatever you do DO NOT go on a diet like all those stupid diet programs and stuff we hear about on tv. These diets do nothing but help you lose weight in the short term and when they are over the damage to your metabolic system will be terrible and when you are off you wil gain back more weight faster, which i'm sure you don't want.

i actually went on weight watchers, and it seemed 2 help. just eat ur regular ways, but just u cut everything, the fat and everything. thats what i did. and it worked. i lost 20lbs already! and i have only been on it 4 about 3 wks. i lost 12lbs the 1st wk. NO LIE! but thats my advice. but hey, im sure its not even that bad. walking helped also along with the weight watchers.

what ever u choose, im sure u will do good in it.

You don't sound particularly heavy to me, but there and then we don't know your height or build type etc. (For those of you wondering, 1 stone = 14 pounds) At that weight, I suspect non of the diet type things will work tremendously well, I think a lot of them are aimed at people heavier than yourself.

It's possible you can get into shape without having to loose any weight, just convert fat into muscle by doing some more rigorous activities.

Walking to work undoubtedly helps, but isn't likely getting your heart rate up and working your muscles. If you can get out even 1/2 an hour 2 or 3 times a week and do something more strenuous it might help.

I can assure you that pills, diets, etc.. never.. and I mean never, work long term.

I know this sounds so mundane, but the fact is, you have to excercise 3 times a week for at least 60 minutes (30 mins aerobic and 30 weights). If you do that then eat what your body tells you to eat, you will be in great shape for life. I promise you that.

I think to reach a "new level of health" you need to be more focusing on working out (with weights/resistance) and eating to provide your body w/ the food it needs. If you were to start working out 1 hour 3-4x a week I think you would see a tremendous difference (prob by the end of the year!)

Here is a note on dieting, and the cycle it has created

The human body cannot burn more than 3-4 pounds of fat in a week, your body doesnt have the capacity to burn more. Any weight lost in a 7 day period over 3-4 lbs is water and mainly muscle. This is why 2-3 pounds a week is the most you should try to lose, anything over that is muscle and water, the more muscle you lose the lower your metabolism so you keep eating less and less and lose less and less, then when you go back to "normal eating" (b/c you havent made a lifestyle change and are now attempting to survive on 1000-1200 cal a day, which will not last long) once you start eating 2000-3000kcal a day your metabolism is on the floor and you gain all the weight back INCLUDING the muscle weight, but now its fat. This is the weightloss cycle america has drilled itself into. Only by everyday making healthy choices can we be healthy.