he wants their permission

Hi im new here anyways. I need soem advice. I like this guy, and he likes me. We want to date each other, but he wants my parents permission and i love that he wants to ask, but i know they'll say no becaase he is a year older than me, and they have heard some bad stuff abotu him but hes never been mean to me or ANYTHING. and I know he wouldnt. so what do I do becuase hes told me he wont wait forever, but he wil wait. please someone help!

have you told him that you think your parents will say no.

and even if your parents did say no would he not go out with you just because they said no. i mean your parents are practically saying to you "you can't have feelings for other people" and that isn't fair to you. and if he accepts it and says well if your parents say no then we won't. it might mean he doesn't care for you as much as you think. but if he still hangs around a lot it could mean different. i mean what has he done that is so bad that your parents would say no. and tell them that you know he would never do anything to hurt you or get you in trouble.

i guess your best bet is communication with everyone. meaning this boy and your family.

have you told him that you think your parents will say no? because if you haven't then he probably doesn't understand why you won't let him ask your parents permission. he seems like a person who has respect for you & your parents. you also don't know for sure what your parents will say. you only think they will say no because of what they heard about him. have they met him yet? your parents shouldnt judge him based on what they have heard about him. i think you should let them get to know him first. they will see that he is a good guy.

Thank guys. il give ya a little history lesson on what he did and what i did to make my parents think the way they do

I made out with a guy against what my parents wanted. i went behind their backs went out with this guy and kissed him... in a church.

what he (the guy i like) did was lie to a girl before, and cheated on her, but that was a year ago, and he has never been like really mean to me and he has completely changed from last year! so what do you think?

how do you know that he has changed? im not saying that just because he cheated in the past, you shouldn't give him a chance, but you definatly should be careful. i think that if someone cheats, they are most likely going to continue to do that, even if they seem completley changed. im not saying its not possible either, but you should look for signs. just because he promises he will never cheat again, doesn't mean he wont. your parents are right to worry about this, you are their daughter that they don't want to see get hurt. if they only know the bad things about him, what are they supposed to think? i still think that if you really like this guy, you should let your parents get to know him too. if he really is a nice guy, they will see that.