"Ladies: knocked back because of shyness?"

Johnny_has

Hi all,

Scenario 1) Walk up to a girl you've always liked, but hardly ever talked to her before, and the guy says: "um, yeah... so hey , umm, oh never mind...." she says "yes?' 'what is it!?' tell me pleasssse!?". Guy blushes like mad and stares at the floor and says: "oh don't worry about it......" and guy walks off. Guy walks off and comes back an hour later and walks up to the girl again and looks down and says"Am, uh, you know before, well, I was wondering if you want to catch a movie next week or something?"

Scenario 2) Walk up to a girl you've always liked, but hardly ever talked to her before, and the guy says: "Hey !" 'How's it going!?" "Say you wanna catch a movie sometime next week?" Guy smiles at girl though whole time and looks happy.

So my question is, ladies, would you turn a guy down if Scenario A happened to you? Does it look silly coming back 1hr later and still asking her, even when the guy had the chance to ask her the first time?

Thanks

It seems almost anti-climatic to ask in that manner. If you hardly know her you don't really know if she is worth the hastle of being so shy!

You obviously had her attention, and then you basically kill the tension with asking her to the movies, which is a pretty passive sort of encounter, you don't know her well enough to even know what types of movies she would enjoy or if the date would be worthwhile without the entertainment of the movie.

My advice is to get to know a person before you ask them out.

Hi!

Just remember, she can tell you one of two things:

Yes

or

No

now you have a 50/50 shot it at. There are no mistakes here. There is no wrong... You make the effort, you cannot help her response. You won already by asking her and approaching her. This one may say no, the next one may say how about tonight? That is my response, from a guy. The only failure is when you failed to act. Embarrassment/ shyness is not an issue, that just says your are human and alive. The girl before is saying you have failed because you have blindly asked a girl out. I don't agree. She may have just been waiting and waiting for some guy to ask her out and you finally did. Remember this though, if you radiate confidence, then others will feel confidence as well. If you radiate weakness, then they will have no sympathy. Make--think--be-- what you want. If you Make-think--be failure, then that is the result you will get. If you make think be success, then so be it. Will a woman want a man, so shy he has to run and come back in an hour??? What will you do when it comes to sex? What will you say when the time for sex comes, and you say... ummm excuse me, I was just wondering... I am not sure, umm excuse me but is sex an option now? It won't work dude. You're the man be in control and the woman will be happy for it.

well i think it totally depends on the girl. i mean i am a shy girl myself and if a guy came up to me with scenario a it would show we had something in common. also i think it is tottally cute to do scenario a..it shows u actually care and worry wether the girl is going to like you or not...although scenario b is not bad either...im not slamming it at all...in this situation i totally believe it is better to go with whatever makes you comfortable..if she doesnt like it..oh well move on..you didnt need her anyways~good luck with future pursuits~

• 2 years later...

I bet it depends on how much the girl liked you/what the girl thought about you before you asked her out in A way.

If she liked you, she probably saw also the way you asked her out in good light - if she likes you, she'll see everything in good light. However, some girls want confident guy and will take nothing less so might be a turnoff to them, but you know.. doesn't matter. Asking someone out is shows more confidence than what most guys get until they're like 25 or something..

If she didn't like you.. well, no difference, she'd say no anyway.

Being of the female gender, I have to say yes to scenario 1 dude. If he's that nervous and shy about asking you out, then he obviosuly cares about you enough that he really wants you to say yes. He's so afraid of rejection. Or he could just be afraid of being rejected ad being mocked by whoever. He could not care about the girl at all. If he barley knows her it could be a crush or just someone he thinks is hot. Hard call. i would say yes to shy guy if i knew him well. If i didn't, i'm not sure if i would. I am a strong believer in being friends/friendly first. Wow, I guess I just changed my answer. If I did know the guy then yes, and if not it wouild be a really hard call (I can't hurt people, it just causes me to be upset knowing I hurt or rejected another person).