Forgiveness is it possible?

I am wonding can you forgive someone who has wronged you?

My ex has come crawling back to me with a strong declaration of love for me. There are no questions or doubts as to him wanting to get back together with me. He seems like a different person. He has told me that no other woman compares to me and that I am the best friend that he has ever had.He says that he has had plenty of time( four months) to think about this and he wants another chance.I know this is not about a hook up thing, b/c He knows I will not sleep with him.

I wonder if his pleas are genuine?

He has been trying to get back for at least a month now.

I told him that we can be friends b/c I do feel that I can forgive him enough to be his friend; I however do not know about being his girlfriend again.

Forgivness for me has been a supernatural effort, that I have only been able to do through the grace of God.

What shoud I do?

If you are willing to be friends with him, tell him it starts there. Tell him he must be honest with you even if he thinks it will hurt you. If he can back off and give you some space it might work. I gave my ex so many chances but he has a drinking problem that I finally realized that I could not help him with he had to do it himself. He begged and begged and told me that he could only do it with me. I decieded for the sake of myself and my kids, he had to do it on his own. You didn't mention why you broke up but lying is hard to overcome no matter what it is about.

What did he do exactly? Somethings are more forgivable...

My problem is...so OK, he thinks you're the best thing since sliced bread...he didn't know that before??? Sorry to be so skeptical.

I say we all deserve a second chance...but are you willing to go through all the turmoil with him again??

Everyone is capable of forgiveness, in fact without it we can never really heal from a wound. If we carry around all our baggage from past experiences it will only hurt us more in the future. I'm not sure what he did to you, but you are capable of forgiving him if you chose so.

However, that being said I DO NOT follow the old maxim "Forgive and Forget". Never forget, you must understand the pain and suffering you went through and remember it so that it doesn't happen again. This doesn't mean dwell on it and think negatively or bring it up in future relationships. It means take what experience you can from a situation and grow/learn from it.

It's not about whether you will forgive him or not, eventually you will have to if you ever want to get over whatever happened. It's about whether you can trust him again. He has proven himself to be untrustworthy and a betrayer. He hurt you and that's very, very hard to get over. Some people can, some people can't it all really depends on the situation.

People can change, so maybe he has learned his lessons. I don't know the situation. However, if you do decide to date him again, make sure you address the reasons you broke up the first time. If you want to forgive him, it would go a long way if he understood exactly why you were so hurt by his actions. Eventually this is something you will have to do on your own. I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks you guys.

He said that I was too clingy and needy, but I guess his opinion has changed. Since I did not contact him or even contact him for his birthday which was a month after we broke up.

Well what he did was really strange. I think that he wanted to date other women. I also think he was talking to a girl behind my back. He became really distant which made me believe that he had something going on with someone else.

I would ask him if that were true but he never admitted to doing wrong, so I really do not know if he cheated or not, but I think he was ready to see other people.

I think he wanted to see other girls and see what others had to offer.

I think he has dated several women since our break up but, I guess none of them have compared to me.

I think he was felling bad b/c I moved back home after I graduated college a year ago. Making us an LDR couple. He was still in school and having some problems.

To Sweetypie:

My ex called me after four months of no contact. We have been broken up for four months also.