Am I pregnant?

rabs

Hello. I'm 17 and I've been going out with the same guy for nearly 3 years, but my parents still don't know (they don't approve of that kind of thing). About 6 months ago we started having sex. We're always really careful about protection. However, I've had a really abnormal period this month, in that I bleed very small amounts every day for the past three days, which is abnormal as I normally only have short heavy periods. Does this normally happen if you've become pregnant? What should I do?

Thanks in advance

I'm almost positive this is not a sign of pregnancy. This is the second time someone has posted this so I'll elaborate on what are signs:

First there's morning sickness, tender breasts, frequent urination and headaches. The other thing you'll notice is a missed menstrual cycle. Light bleeding doesn't mean anything I'm pretty sure. If it is I've never heard of it. If it is please let me know though.

Everyone does show different signs. If you were pregnant your body would be trying to keep your urteral lining and not trying to get rid of it, I guess that why this doesn't make any sense to me.

Oh btw, did you just start the pill? If so it will cause periods to be more regular, and in some cases lighter. I've also heard of cases where it makes the cramping 10 times worse.

When you are pregnant there is what is called implantation bleeding which usually occurs about 2 weeks after implantation. You should look for other symptoms. Breast tenderness, headaches, frequency in urination, maybe ocasional blurred vission. extere fatigue. If you are concerned you should buy a home pregnancy test. Good luck and always be careful!

• 4 weeks later...

its kind of 50-50 i've read on the net that that could be signs of pregnancy. how long after you had sex that you bled for 3 days. on some web site it says that implation bleeding occurs 2-3 weeks after you have sex if you are pregnant. but also it says that not too many women have implation bleeding. but just take a test to be sure cause nothing coulds be wrong you might just be spotting.