wonder if liking someone is enough to save a relationship

I've always wondered what love would be like and what it would be like if i'd be with someone especially after sometime back i found out the man i was crazy about but who considered me only a friend started dating my best friend and it sucked and i felt lost and i felt like i'd never get out of the hole i felt i was in. thats when he came in and i connected with him the first day and told him everything..and we were good friends at the start and he called and did all the little things i wanted and made me feel beautiful and made me feel like someone could truly love me for everything that i was and could be. Somehow we were close friends and that relationship went to a new level and he kissed me and said he wanted to take it further and i never knew then how many problems would come out of this. I'm a sophmore at college and i've always dreamed of falling in love and i did and he's a senior. I suppose the fact that he was graduating always disturbed me, the fact that i didn't know where he would be or anything and that he didn't want any commitments or anything but i did. The fact is that while we had this connection and we were physically and mentally stimulated with each other.. i suppose this wasnt enough, i needed reassurance from him that he wouldn't leave just like that. Physically we kept pushing the limits and i knew i didn't want to have sex with him and i didn't go through with it, but one night it just happened and he stopped and said i can't do this to you because i know that you'll regret it and i can't live with knowing that you'll regret it and cry when you wake up... and i suppose i was just so afraid that i kept giving him drama and problems and pushed him to tell me what he wanted and how he felt but he never did-- i broke up with him 2 weeks after i started dating him and by then we were so close as friends that i never realized how much i would miss him. when i told him i wanted him back he said no and that he wouldn't let me do that to him that i can't just break up and want him back and he made me wait for 1 week and finally we did get back together and from then it was just different like he never really tried to spend any time with me, i would have to ask him all the time and i didn't know what he wnted or how he felt or anything. We went very far again and he stopped again and looked at me and said i can't do this i can't i have to control and we stopped and the next day i told him that we went too far and i didn't want this anymore and he looked at me and told me fine then i won't touch you because i'll want more and you can't deal with more and that was that. We left for our winter break and i realized that i was in love with him for all that he was sure he wasn't perfect but thenagain no one is and it wasn't like i was settling i just wanted to be with him and the day he came back i was waiting.. i counted every hour and minute for him to get back and waited for him to call me, but he didn't and i waited to him to visit me but he didn't.. i eventually had to call him and ask him where he was, i was so frustrated and i guess it was only because i insisted that he come by did he come.. he wouldn't have otherwise... this week has just been full of problems.. i didn't see him much and didn't really get anything emotionally from him and i know that he is busy and everything but all i wanted was a phonecall from him or just a simple im to tell me that he misses me or something.. but it wasn't like that.. i was more upset than i'd ever been before and i never realized how upset i was until i started drinking with friends..i was so frustrated that i called him up and frankly while drinking has never been an excuse for anything it was just my deepest feelings coming out.. it was so much easier to express my feelings and i told him how much i hated him for not being here and sent him im's for not caring , for not calling, for not really doing anything for not being here..i actually did hate him for a moment.. i did.. so much as if i'd never hated him before and they say hate is another form of love such that it happens when you can't change someone to be the way you want them to be.. he called me up the next night and told me how disappointed he was with me and how disgusted he was with everything i said and that he felt like shit that he made me feel so low and so upset and said that he wanted to break up and even then i didn't want it and told him that there was a reason why we'd gotten together and every relationship had ups and downs and that this was how it was going to be but i wanted to work at it..sadly enough he didn't.. he said he didn't want drama ever and all the relationships hes had have been full of drama and it wasn't something he wanted at all but he wanted to be friends because we started off as friends...and i cried..andi was upset.. very upset..but i don't regret anything because i was upset with the relationship like i've never been more upset before...i im'ed in the morning and told him that i wanted to be friends and that he meant too much to me for me to lose him as a friend as well and that i know i ***ed up but maybe this happened because it just wasn't meant to be maybe that was why we were having so many problems, he told me that he wouldn't give up on this but wanted to see how things progressed now and while i love him with all my heart i'm not ready to have a relationship with nothing in return where i feel as if i'm doing all the work as if he isn't trying at all..not to make it work at all.. maybe somethings are meant to be but i wonder if i should wait for him or just move on and realize that if somethings are meant to be, they will happen and if they aren't then nothing i do will make it work..

• 3 weeks later...

wat done is done.

move on, it needs to be mutual, only u alone who wants to save a relationship will only result in more hurts for urself.

give it some time, for both of u. sometimes pushing too hard, and trying too hard will only makes wat u wanted to drift even further. give it some time, and perhaps things would be better in the future.

for now, move on, do not be embroiled down in the mess. cuz it is quite clear at this moment of time, he can't accept what u are. give him some time and space to think, give urself some time and space too.

take care. hope u are feeling better.