What to do??? relationship with someone at work

bluedj

I'm asking for advise because I really don't know what to do about this right now.

Back in April I started dating this girl that works in the same Company that I do. She was married at the time but separated (Still is). She was however having an affair with somebody else that was married in another state. She told me the situation and that Her and the other Person had planned to get together when and if he got divorced, althought the time period was never certain. At this point I told her that I understood and since we were both interested in each other that We would have to see what happens, but if we started to grow closer to each other that I wouldnt be ok with that other situation. She understood.. and we went for it....

I have never been Married, this girl has been married twice, and keeps in VERY close contact with her exes. I have never been in a relationship with a person that had been married, but i feel that as long as trust is built up in the relationship that Jelousy wouldn't be a factor.

From the start she was reluctant in telling her husbands parents that she was dating someone new so i felt out of place. I also felt confused because even though we were dating regularly now, pictures of her wedding and husband were still all over her bedroom and house. I told her that it kinda bothered me seeing them out in the open, and she said that she would take them down. The problem is that it took over 3 weeks for her to do so, after the 3rd time that i mentioned it is when she got up frustrated and started taking them down that instant.

Then it came time to tell her Lover that we were dating seriously, and she was hesitant in doing that also, she said she didnt want to hurt his feelings. She finally did it though after 2 months.

In the 5 months that we were together other things that happened in the relationship that bothered me...

Her taking trip with her husband and parents to a family function while we were dating, her taking a vacation to see her friends in her old hometown and not asking if i was interested in going, (twice), Planning another trip to see another friend, and once again not being a part of it.

After all of this it was obvious that we were not going to see eye to eye on these matters and that we had to stop seeing each other, so we tried the "friends with benefits" thing... the problem is, I have feelings for her, and even though we arent a couple anymore, my ego keeps telling me that maybe it can still work.

At this moment, she is back in her old hometown visiting friends including an ex-boyfriend that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere recently after he found her email addy on the web and just so happens that he was going to be there around the same time also. He even made plans to change his flight schedule so that they can hang out one night while she was still there. She give me the whole "why cant you believe that we are just friends and that we are just going to hang out and go dancing and thats it? " Another thing is that She made the plans to fly to her hometown AFTER we had made plans to go to an event for a certain day out of town, yet she claims that she "forgot".

Before her, I didn't consider myself a jealous person, but all of this drives me nuts...

Current STatus.. We are not speaking, Part of me tells me that i should be glad and it should stay like this, yet part of me wants her back...

any advise would be appreciated

thanks for listening.

• 5 months later...

Thank your lucky stars your out of that mess, this woman obviously has a problem with commitment and and was just using you a toy, i know iknow what your thinking, she told you how much she loved and cared for you and all that, i just had it worse.

That friends with benefits deal, that didnt bother her, because she was having her cake and eating it too, she still had the sex , friendship and support, but now without the hassles of making a commitment to you.

plus she knew if she snapped her fingers you would come running. I know, i did the same damn thing, because I was in love just like you.

My girl sabataged our perfect romance 2 weeks after telling me she wanted to marry me and have a child with me because she couldnt stand being without me any longer. she found an old boyfriend that just popped up, and dated him, and dropped a perfectly romantic loving relationship just like that. but guess what, she was also living with the father of her kids when we met, and dated me while living in his house, I trusted her, but I desrve what I got, a woman that is capable of doing that to another man, is just as capable of doing it to you! dont think your sooo special that your gonna make her a good person.

We both learned the hard way friend, its tough, is very painful yes, but we are the last of the good ones, you know, the ones that some girls say dont exsist, the caring, loving guys, that respect and are faithful, we trust because its hard for us to even conceive in our heads that people can be that cold to you, we even try and defend their actions, romantic fools we are, but we learn, and someday we will meet that woman that can appreciate a good sensitive man and will love us back the same.