Did I ruin my chances with a girl I went out with?

ajandy32

Hi all, I've been pretty anxious over a situation i'm in. I met a girl through some mutual friends. She asked for my snapchat and we casually talked for a week. We live 45 mins away from eachother and I play college football, and she is a cheerleader at her college. I finished school a week before everyone else gets out of school for thanksgiving, so I was going to be home. I message her the day before I came home asking if she wanted to go out. She said "I'd love that :)" and we ended up making plans for a date & dinner, and we went out the next night.

Ill be honest, I wasn't expecting it to go as well as it did, but it went great. No awkwardness like some first dates. We connected really fast, and talked forever. I made her laugh the entire time and I felt like I could simply be myself around her, and she enjoyed the person I was, & made a great first impression. She had all the good body language too, and we hit it off. I picked her up, so I cleaned the crap out of my vehicle and tried being chivalrous opening doors and things for her, even getting in & out of my truck. I have been single for a long time, and honestly haven't been on a real "date" with another girl in almost a year. I've been single for 3 years. After meeting her, i can say with confidence that there could maybe be something in the future, maybe. She's not the only girl I talk to obviously, but after we had such a great time together, I definitely want to do it again.

She texted me a couple hours after dropping her off. She said "Hey, thank you so much for dinner. I had a really great time (:". I said me too, and let's do it again sometime. She replied "I can't wait! (:". I left it at that. She texted me first the following night, pretty late too. At the same time, she replied to my snapchat story saying how cute my dog was. This was maybe 1 in the morning but I was still up, and we just casually talked about our days. I ended up passing out, so I texted her after I woke up asking if she wanted to go out on a date before thanksgiving. (we both had family plans). She said "yes! when were you thinking?" I suggested tuesday, but she told her her sister was going to be in town, and then they were leaving the next day to head out for the holiday. She asked to reschedule, and I said sure no problem, and that we can plan it out later.

We didn't talk for a little over a day. We were both busy & i wasn't expecting her to be trying to talk to me either. I went ahead and texted her Saturday afternoon asking if she would like to go out on the date we talked about. She replied on Sunday in the early afternoon and said: "Hey, i'm sorry i've been so MIA. I just had a lot going on. I appreciate the offer, but I have a cheer clinic this week and homework I have to get done that's due tomorrow. I'm sorry for replying so late".

I didn't really know what to make of it. We are just now getting to know each other so I don't expect her to tell me what exactly she has to get done or anything, let alone sacrifice time to go out with a guy she recently met. I'm just confused and probably overthinking. I waited a couple hours and responded with "I understand, It's been a busy week. Had a great time with you last Saturday night. Do you want to go out again?". She hasn't said anything yet. I've read TONS of those online blogs about if she's genuinely busy or not, is she blowing you off, etc. And I have no idea what it could be. She did take the time to apologize for not replying and pointed out being MIA and saying she has lots of things to do at the moment. I don't want to hound her or come off as needy or anything.The last thing i want to do is drive away a girl I want to get to know better. I was thinking about waiting until next week maybe, and seeing how she's doing. I'll be home next weekend anyway, so if i can spark a conversation, I was going to ask her out again.

Based on her actions/all the signs of interest she's shown, she seems interested, or at least until other responsibilities came up. What should i do? Am I screwed?

I don't think it's anything you did or didn't do, really. Why do you assume this is your fault?

It could be any number of things that unrelated to you personally. Maybe she has been talking to another guy and decided to redirect her attention there.

I would take a step back and see if she takes the initiative to reschedule the date. You have already asked her if she's still interested in going out again. It's up to her to reply. If she doesn't, there is no point reaching out again in a week.

Archived