Should I call her?

Johndoe123123

My ex and I had an explosive fight. We were in a funk and it snowballed into a very bad argument. We insulted each other. It was the first time that ever happened and we had been dating for five months.

I probably said worse things to her, but she said some pretty terrible things to provoke that. That being said, I regret my words and am ashamed of myself for trying to hurt her. Irrespective of what she said to me, I don't think that is ever right. After our fight I apologized and she didn't accept that apology.

I texted her many times and she barely responded, and when she did, she was still very mad. She said the whole event convinced her to take a break from dating. I tried to apologize more, to no avail, and then I said I would call her later in the week after giving her some time, but now I wonder if I should. I thought maybe she would cool off and that we could repair this. On the one hand, I don't want to end things and come off as not caring by not calling. On the other hand, I don't want to be pathetic. I know that is not attractive. I apologized quite a bit, so part of me thinks I should let her come to me if she wants, but I also placed the ball in my court by saying I would Calle

What should I do? Is no contact appropriate here or should I try to fix it first? Or should I try once more and then go no contact?

Archived