How to handle your anniversary day after breaking up?

It has been 2 month since my ex boyfriend broke up with me. He said he wasn't happy and wanted to see someone else. He was first love even boyfriend. He was my best friend but now it is like we are strangers. I felt I tried my best I could to reconcile with him. I even gave him my last long love letter, text, video, and even hug a few days after the breakup but I guess in the end it meant nothing to him or maybe he just didn't love me anymore. Tommorow would have been our 3 years anniversary with my ex. The worse part of feeling pathetic is how I now know that he has a new girlfriend for almost 2 month now. This week for me has been rollercoaster of emotions. To be honest, I don't know how to handle tommorow. I tried to ask friends or family to go out with me tommorow to distract myself but there are either too busy with work, school, taking care of kids, or even too lazy. I think maybe this isn't my year or I just have bad luck. So in the end I guess I will spending tommrow with me, myself, and I. I just don't know if I should just stay home or go somewhere far away and sob there and try to forget/forgive him. My question to everyone who has been dump for someone else is how did you handle the post break up anniversary? And ang suggestion for me? Thanks

Um... wow it sounds like you need better friends.

When I'm dealing with a day that holds a lot of pain for me I try to go some place beautiful and be by myself. I give myself time and space to think, to mourn, to have all the feelings. I buy a bottle of great beer, smoke a joint and eat things that make me happy and look at the ocean, or mountains, or open desert. When I'm hurting a lot nature helps remind me that I'm tiny and insignificant (and so is my pain) and I'm part of something vast and beautiful and full of awe.

The date is important if you think its important. So if you are going to give this anniversary weight and then cry because your boyfriend is now and X and he hurt you and with someone else, then yeah, its going to hurt. But if you look at it as another day in a calendar then you just gave it less power.

I understand you are hurting and it sucks to see your X out with someone else. But please don't torture yourself by saying "It never meant anything, he never cared for me, he never loved me, the relationship was fake" or anything like that because in truth, you did mean everything to him, he did love you and cared for you and it was real and you two were in a relationship. The bad part is that it ended and I'm sorry it happened. You two were in a relationship, had great times, made great memories but its over. You cant hold on to the promises or what he said. Things like "I cant see myself with anyone else" or talks about the future has to be tossed out the window because they don't matter. No promises matter.

Also, you have to get that idea that you were 'replaced' and quit questioning how he moved on so quickly and its not fair he is out happy and you are still hurting. (Oh yeah, Ive asked those things before too) And the answer is... It doesn't matter anymore. If you can focus on the now, on the current moment then you can know that he wasn't the one for you. You now have room in your heart for someone better. You must see it as his loss and not your loss. You have to go and make you happy now. Go rediscover that great person that attracted your X in the first place. Do that and someone will come into your life.

Archived