Am I being lead on?

RobHill76

I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl, I've known her for 6 months but in that time we've spent pretty much every day together. I told her that I like her and previously she would say that she would never go there with me and that we are friends and that's it. We got in to an argument and she said some awful things relating to a personal incident so I told her that I don't want to be friends with her anymore and all of a sudden she tells me that she likes me and has been flirting with me and kissing me. Now she started talking to another guy and she's off me, she told me she doesn't even think she likes him. I feel like she has been leading me on just to keep me there. I want a second opinion just to see whether I should keep at it or not.

That sucks. I am sure it must be hard. You need to stop trying to get with her romantically and get a little emotional distance. I would recommend that you be polite but firm, tell her that you need some time and some distance to think about things. I wouldn't tell her at this point that you can't be friends: I am not sure that you are in a good position now to be making permanent decisions. Don't talk to her for at least a few months: no phone calls, no texts, nothing. I strongly suspect that she will start contacting you frequently. If you give in to this you'll be back in the same cycle.

I am sorry. I know from personal experience how hard a situation like this can be.

I'm a guy and my best friend is a girl, I've known her for 6 months but in that time we've spent pretty much every day together. I told her that I like her and previously she would say that she would never go there with me and that we are friends and that's it. We got in to an argument and she said some awful things relating to a personal incident so I told her that I don't want to be friends with her anymore and all of a sudden she tells me that she likes me and has been flirting with me and kissing me. Now she started talking to another guy and she's off me, she told me she doesn't even think she likes him. I feel like she has been leading me on just to keep me there. I want a second opinion just to see whether I should keep at it or not.

I will try that. I did speak to her and tell her that I believe that she is just toying with me and she took offence to that and said she would never do anything like that and sort of avoided the topic. I'm a sucker so I believed it. I think I'll just say to her that I need a bit of space to get over her because I know nothing is going to happen.

Archived