Finally an awesome date

2005TAHOE

Another good start to an OLD prospect. She is 24 I am 38, I drove 1.5 hours to meet her and take her out, we walked around the town she lives in and took a little drive, parked and had a nice little makeout session. We had so much in common and never had a silent moment. I held her hand as we crossed the streets, opened doors for her and made the move for the first kiss. We have since deleted our OLD profiles as we chose to concentrate on each other.

Everything we talked about we agreed on as far as what we are looking for. She invited me to come stay with her this weekend at her place.

We have gone with the flow and let things fall how they are, I don't look at it as too fast or rushing things. The chemistry is on a high level and its not just the infatuation stage.

She has mentioned her high sex drive and how she likes sex. She has only been with 5 guys and me with 4 girls, she doesn't sleep around, she looks for commitment before she has sex.

I am expecting it to be on the table this weekend, which leads me to a question.

I want sex but I don't want it to affect the relationship or what we have going on, I want a relationship as well as her. Part of me wants to take it day by day and not read into the future and have sex with her and see if it strengthens our relationship or if it goes the other way and part of me wants to wait and build on what we have emotionally before sleeping with her because we both want more than a FWB. Part of me thinks if I don't sleep with her, she will get frustrated and next me and part of me wants to sleep with her and see what happens, I'm 50/50 on this. its been a while since I have had sex and I want it but I also want more, were 100% agreement on that.

What would you guys do?

Try it out; I opine that a continually fulfilling sexual relationship if just as important, if not more important than everything else a relationship may consist of. If it's as good as you hoped, fantastic. If it's subpar, how you decide to address that initial issue will reflect on both of your characters, and can only further define what kind of relationship this will end up being. You'll see parts of her you haven't before; I think that can only be a good thing.

I think it's too early to judge whether it's the infatuation stage or not. Wait six months, then make the call.

Another thing... she is 24 with 5 sexual partners; you are 38 with 4 sexual partners. Let's assume you both became sexually active at 18. That means she's had approximately one partner per year for the last six years. You say she looks for commitment before she has sex, but how long of a commitment? If she continues at her rate, she'll have slept with 16 guys by the time she's your age. You've averaged one sexual partner every five years. You may have different ideas about what defines a commitment.

I would slow it way down. If she's for real, she'll get it.

Archived