Ex boyfriend texted me after a year

My ex broke up with me nearly a year ago - he had to chase a dream of becoming a professional athlete and felt that the relationship was putting too much stress on him. Since then we've only spoken once, I reached out to him to basically say hey there are no hard feelings hope you're doing okay. I am mostly healed from the breakup. He texted me another 6 months later to congratulate me on graduating college and we chatted for a bit about what we've been up to. He then suggested that we catch up later when he's back. I think I'm still in love with him and want him back. Do I stand a chance or do I need to let this go forever?

You have to make the decision on whether you want to catch up with him or not. But you need to be super careful, please protect your heart. You haven't seen your ex in a year and he might even be the same person you knew. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I made the mistake of giving my ex a chance again and he hurt me more than he did the first time within a week.

I'm a hopeless romantic and say give it a shot.

But understand there are risks...sometimes happiness requires you to risk it.

It's your choice. 1 year is enough for a person to grow and realize past mistakes. Or not. You'll see when you see and talk to him

Yes, we've only spoken twice since the breakup a year ago. First time was just me saying hope you're doing well, the second time was him reaching out to congratulate me and catch up on what the other was doing. Was he just being polite?

Archived