Bumped into a girl I used to regularly message about three years ago

BooBaBoo

I was out clubbing last night and happened to bump into a girl who I'd messaged for just over a year and a half between spring 2013 and fall 2014. Nothing ever came of the messaging because she eventually moved away to another town for university, but she seemed to be at least partially interested. We'd talk regularly, maybe once or twice a week (probably more), quite often we'd end up talking until 4am. Since then she's had one or two relationships, and when she approached me in the club (just to say "Hi") last night I was under the impression she was still in a relationship. I didn't find out until I got home that she was single (via her Facebook profile), so I kind of regret not making more of an attempt to talk with her. Should I message her again?

I'm going to chat with my friends (who have no idea who she is) and see what they make of it, but I just wanted to get some other opinions.

How did it veer off into the friendzone last time? Too much texting? This time message much less and ask her on a date. That's your only option if you want to date her rather than be a text-buddy again for 1.5 yrs.

I'd messaged for just over a year and a half. I didn't find out until I got home that she was single (via her Facebook profile), so I kind of regret not making more of an attempt to talk with her.
Well, isn't it interesting how some things work out... I'd wait. Is there even a remote chance you'd see her again? If so, I wouldn't message her yet. However, from what you said, she approached you. You have every right to shoot her a text, just keep it cool. What did u discuss when you saw eachother?

I highly doubt I'd see her again like this, she was with a friend who goes to the same university as me and as far as I am aware it was a one-off for the both of them. And we barely got a chance to say anything, the music was way too loud for me to hear her.

How did it veer off into the friendzone last time? Too much texting? This time message much less and ask her on a date. That's your only option if you want to date her rather than be a text-buddy again for 1.5 yrs.

I don't know really, I was somehow more clueless back then than I am now

It probably was a combination of too much texting and not enough actual face-to-face contact. I feel it was probably for the best though because we were going to different universities. Now it's a bit different since we're both leaving/left. I can take it or leave it with her, to be honest I wasn't expecting to ever see her again in the slightest.

Hey,

Do you have a chance to see her again?

One of my EXs approached me, when we where studying in different far places, in a creative way: He contacted my best friends via FB and tried to get mutual connections, then, randomly we went to a birthday of my friend and met their. Days later when we where into each other he told me the true journy of finding me

You shoud text her and meet her at the club next weekend. Keep up!

Yulia

Yep, message her and ask to go out for drinks, lunch, whatever and get an in person read on this thing. But live and learn... don't do the text-buddy thing, lol.

It probably was a combination of too much texting and not enough actual face-to-face contact. I can take it or leave it with her, to be honest I wasn't expecting to ever see her again in the slightest.

Archived