Need advice about a girl I like...

IsThisWorking

Somewhat of a long story here- So this girl and I have technically known each other our whole lives. Our moms were college friends so our families have known each other for longer than either of us were born.

Fast forward to my high school graduation, my parents invited them to attend, which they did, and that's when I actually got to know her for the first time. We hit it off that weekend and continued to talk just about every day for the rest of the summer after she flew back home (she lives in the Northeast, I live in the Midwest. Won't go into any more specifics than that). Finally, near the end of that summer, I told her I liked her, and she ultimately said the same, but due to the distance and neither of us not really having money saved up to travel, we reluctantly agreed it'd be hard to try a relationship (something I severely regret agreeing to now). After that, our conversations were minimal and of little substance.

Seven years later, my sister just graduated high school and they attended her grad party as well. They spent the weekend at our house, and I really felt like her and I hit it off again. It felt just like seven years ago all over again, and we talked after she flew back home. Everyone around us at the house this past weekend thought there was something between us, and there was definite flirting from her side. Anyone who had seen us hanging out would've thought there was something there. So naturally, I felt like I was in a good situation, told her I liked her again, but this time, her response was, "You still like me? I thought that was 7 years ago," and then a little while later she said she didn't know how to respond because it caught her off guard. We've made some meaningless small talk today and last night, but it definitely hasn't felt the same since she said that.

And to be honest, since we live so far apart, I have no clue how she normally acts around her friends back home, and maybe she's just a flirty person? So maybe I'm just reading the whole situation wrong; it just felt very similar to the same situation from seven years ago.

Would I be stupid to try to pry more out of her or should I let it be for now? I'm seriously at a crossroads and don't know how to continue from here.

It sounds like a rush of nostalgia. Let it go, you stated your feelings. Let her process that and see what happens. Does she have a bf back home?

her I liked her again, but this time, her response was, "You still like me? I thought that was 7 years ago," and then a little while later she said she didn't know hot to respond because it caught her off guard. We've made some meaningless small talk today and last night, but it definitely hasn't felt the same since she said that

Archived