Partly want to be with him, partly want to be friends...

t578

I am quite a big indecisive person so this is really getting to me. I'm also not a confident person in terms of relationships (this is the first time I've been close to one). Kind of in the talking phase and we've had a few dates or just hung out, all that fun stuff. We've kissed, spent the night (not been intimate). But 'drama' kind of occurred which made me loose some attraction and I've been thinking more this past week that, although I know there is some attraction there I'm not sure whether I can feel myself being in a relationship. I received a message from him asking about what I want to do and I'm thinking it may just be best to just be friends or suggest that, because I really don't want to loose his company and spending time with him. And although I haven't shied away from kisses, I'm really unsure whether I could see it going more.

Anyone help? What could I say?

If in this early phase you are already not sure, if you see any kind of future, now might be the best time to bow out.

Have you asked yourself, if the reason you are analysing a potential future and then backing away, is because you like him more than you want to and your scared of it?

If it's because you really just cannot see it going further, than a good solid friendship, you need to tell him sooner then later, that way less potential hurt.

If in this early phase you are already not sure, if you see any kind of future, now might be the best time to bow out.

Have you asked yourself, if the reason you are analysing a potential future and then backing away, is because you like him more than you want to and your scared of it?

If it's because you really just cannot see it going further, than a good solid friendship, you need to tell him sooner then later, that way less potential hurt.

Yeah it may be that I'm scared of entering a relationship, as I've never been in one I mean I feel like I've given conflicting signs as I'm not very forward all the time but have admitted I like him. But we won't be seeing each other until September now which makes things a little more awkward. Do you have any suggestions on how I could say a friendship may be better? I don't want to hurt him..

Unfortunately you do need to decide whether you want hang out as friends or date him. If you don't want to date him, just say so and don't get physical.

don't want to loose his company and spending time with him. And although I haven't shied away from kisses

Archived