2 weeks Father passed

My father passed away unexpectedly at 59.. It has been a horrible ordeal with my mother as they were together

over 40 years. My father owned various businesses and my mother was basically his shadow helping with the business. She hasn't held

a job in over 20 and has no soft skills to bring to the table as a 57 yr old woman. There is no money coming in to help with bills and to make matters worse she lives with my 29 year old brother who recently had his salary cut. My grief has yet to begin. I am still in denial and have only recently started recognizing depression signs. My mother on the other hand has cried nonstop since his death and is all she can talk about. She brought up pictures from the funeral while on our drive home the other day. I am worried of sinking into a depression because I will not have my space to get away. But then again I also feel that my space to get away is just my way of pretending that it did not happen and my dad will still come back. I am 33.

Sunshine.

I am so sorry for your loss and it must be so terrible to lose your father unexpectedly. I feel for your mother too. She has lost her life's companion, her husband.

The days ahead will not be easy, grief has no timeline. Your mother must be allowed her grieving, and I do hope she can avail of support.

You might like to check out this site:

webhealing.com

There is a wealth of information there which, perhaps, might be useful to you at this time.

You must look after yourself. Feeling sad and distraught is completely normal at this time.

• 5 weeks later...

It's an awful place to be, my Dad died in December I was also 33, almost 6 months on and I still cry most days. I experience all sorts of emotions sadness, regret, guilt and anger! I feel sorry for my Mum who has lost the man she spent more than half her life with, her soul mate. I cry for myself, for my mother and for my siblings especially our youngest who at 17 is too young to lose his father. I feel sad at all the milestones that will be reached without my Dad, he just missed seeing his first grandchild and the first wedding of his children. Life can be so unfair at times!!! This is a pain that will never go away but somehow we have to learn to live with it. Right now my life is a mess, I quit the job I loathes, have gained so much weight and probably floating above rock bottom. I'm trying to stay strong for my family, I hope you get the strength to survive each day

Archived