Ex tried logging into my Facebook

lajavanaise

Today I get a mail saying my FB account was reactivated.

I was shocked, got onto my FB and disactivated it only to see it got reactivated again 2 minutes after !!

I log in again and change my password …

I tell my friend who is a computer genius and he checks out the IP that tried to log in and compare with the IP from a recent mail from the ex … MATCH.

So he is tying to go on my FB even though I am not active on there anymore ..

It's not even funny ...

I'm ignoring his textmessages and now he is trying this ?

He knows I'm not active on there anymore.

What to do now, and why would he do something like that, it's scary.

He stopped texting so I thought he would've gotten the message.

Im not sure the laws in Belgium, but you can send him an e-mail and say something along the lines of, "computer crimes are illegal. Any more attempts to hack into my FB account again, and I will contact the local authorities."

You're not directly accusing him, but just letting it be known that you mean business.

Good luck.

Im not sure the laws in Belgium, but you can send him an e-mail and say something along the lines of, "computer crimes are illegal. Any more attempts to hack into my FB account again, and I will contact the local authorities."

You're not directly accusing him, but just letting it be known that you mean business.

Good luck.

I personally don't see the point. Firstly he knows he can still get a reaction from her and seeing as it worked it might spur him on to try something else. Also it is opening up communication. He may well respond, the OP may feel the need to respond back ... and so on. I think it is best left. It was most likely out of natural curiosity (for whatever reason) and not meant to cause any drama so best not to create any.

Incidentally, OP, who ended the relationship?

I personally don't see the point. Firstly he knows he can still get a reaction from her and seeing as it worked it might spur him on to try something else. Also it is opening up communication. He may well respond, the OP may feel the need to respond back ... and so on. I think it is best left. It was most likely out of natural curiosity (for whatever reason) and not meant to cause any drama so best not to create any.

Incidentally, OP, who ended the relationship?

He left for someone else. I am in lc since we have a baby. I didn't react to his last textmessages and today I find out he is messing on my FB.

Well it would be better for all concerned, especially your baby, if you can build and maintain a civil relationship with him. You are going to be in each other's life for a long time. If you've changed your password hopefully there shouldn't be any more issues.

Can I ask though, what was the reason you ignored his messages if you are maintaining LC? I understand that it is best for your communication to only be about the baby so I was just wondering what he was texting that was best ignored ... only to work out whether there may have been a connection between this and him trying to check out your FB. You also said that he had stopped texting so you were hoping he had got the message.

Well it would be better for all concerned, especially your baby, if you can build and maintain a civil relationship with him. You are going to be in each other's life for a long time. If you've changed your password hopefully there shouldn't be any more issues.

Can I ask though, what was the reason you ignored his messages if you are maintaining LC? I understand that it is best for your communication to only be about the baby so I was just wondering what he was texting that was best ignored ... only to work out whether there may have been a connection between this and him trying to check out your FB. You also said that he had stopped texting so you were hoping he had got the message.

Yes only trying to answer when it's about the baby, he sent me some rubbish, trying to get me to answer him ... First trying out nice, and when that doesn't work complaining, to be nice again after. If it would have been about the baby and urgent I would not hesitate te anwer, but that was not the case.

I haven't been active on FB for 2 years and he knows that. Baby wasn't even born, so him going on there has nothing to do with me not answering.

I did change my passwords. And I never gave him my passwords, I used to log in from time to time on his computer when I was still active on FB, but that's long ago.

I would think it has to do with me logging in on his computer once, but that's like 2 years ago.

Can't understand he is trying to log in now, there's nothing recent on there, only old posts ..

It's scary to say the least. He dumped me, he shouldn't be trying to snoop around.

some people just get curious...maybe looking for dirt. Yeah on my laptop because I always forget my passwords I always have it setup to save the passwords even if you log off.

Archived