Strange behavior

Evelynn

Long story short, I met this guy at a gig about a year ago. We hit it off pretty well, made out, exchanged numbers, etc. but nothing really happened after that. I had forgotten about him up until two months ago when he contacted me saying we had some unfinished business.

Now, we live in a smaller town where he's considered your typical stuck-up musician (a bit of a womanizer even, though it's more talk than action), so I had my doubts but ended up going out with him anyway.

To give you the vibe, online he seems like your pushy dude who desperately wants you to go out with him. He doesn't talk about anything else but dates and innuendos in an almost Johnny Bravo manner (or as if someone's reading behind his back and he needs to sound like your McLovin'), but he's very smart, witty and fun to talk with about any topic in person.

Fast forward, we ended up having sex and all that, and a few days later he pretended not to see me out there.

I'm a free-spirited person, so at first I thought that he'd gotten what he'd wanted, and I didn't really mind much. Now, apparently, he's mad that I've walked past him and pretended not to see him. Truth is, I suffer from anxiety and I barely look around while walking, let alone look people in the eye, so I must have missed him. However, we don't talk now (hooray for anxiety again) so I obviously haven't explained that to him.

We hang around in the same places/circles, and now, whenever he sees me, he's doing his best to make sure I see he's there. Even if he's sitting in the opposite corner of the room, he'd get up and walk by numerous times, hug his female friends and then look in my direction, move to a table near me (but always turn his back), etc. Only yesterday, he'd chatted with my friend (whom he also knows) asking who she's here with after clearly seeing her next to me moments ago.

It sounds a bit psycho (and very immature) when you put it like this, but guys, why would you act like that?

A part of me says ego and/or insecurities, but my anxious part thinks I might be exaggerating and that's just his normal behavior.

Not gonna lie, I'm obviously asking this because there's something very attractive about him and I don't want things to stay this awkward, but we're not kids to play games. We're both 23 and all this is very silly.

Archived