Open Club  ·  31 members  ·  Free

Travel and Culture

Going to the UK and Ireland! Any advice?

BritterSweet

On Sunday I will be leaving with my mom to see the United Kingdom and Ireland. I'm looking forward to seeing the castles and towns and cities. And hopefully the Melatonin we're bringing will help us avoid the jet lag from an 11 hour time difference.

Does anyone have any particular pieces of advice about getting around there and how to avoid stepping on too many toes?

Yeah Im from Dublin, avoid Temple Bar at all costs, its in the city centre and its a rip off. if you in Dublin, try go to a place called Dun Leary (Dun Laoghaire) I live there, its nice and its not that far from Dublin City Centre. If you like walking, theres a massive pier and harbour there thats nice to walk, especially now this time of year, walking along there will bring you to a place James Joyce Tower, if your into James Joyce. From there you can go to Killiney and Dalkey, Bono lives there along with a load of other stars.

If your into walking and scenery, there is Wicklow, its a county but a nice one plenty to do and see, lovely scenery and all that.

Dublin is a good place if your into the nightlife, plenty to do lots of decent clubs depending what your into.

You could always go to Galway on the other side of the country, its fairly vibrant and always something going on.

Archived