Rejections

Jetta

How do you get over the numerous rejections? I get on average 3-4 a day when I'm applying a lot, which I'm back to doing and dreading all the rejections. It's demoralizing. I get your resume is impressive, but we went with another candidate. It's really beating me down. I try to stay hopeful, eventually someone will give me a chance, I like to think. But what if they just don't? I'm having trouble getting a temp job. I really don't want to do a commission job, it's a ton of work and I won't be able to get to where I want to go in life for at minimum 2 years. Plus that means likely maxing out my credit cards again. I just consolidated them to pay some debt down.

I'm losing hope, which motivated me to apply to about 5 more jobs tonight. But that just means more crap coming through the pipeline.

What kind of work are you looking for? Have you looked for a headhunter?

Honestly there's a lovely woman who we hired in December who used a headhunter...her resume was not that impressive but this headhunter must have been good b/c with no more experience than I have she was given the job I've been trying to get promoted into straight away. If I get sick of waiting for my promotion I'm going to call her head hunter.

Headhunters usually can find you through linkedin or monster/career builder. When this happens they are looking to recruit candidates for a specific position. You can also contact a headhunter to recruit companies for you. Are you getting interviews? If you aren't able to get interviews there is probably a problem with your resume. In thise case you should see a professional who can help you to re-write your resume. If you're getting interviews and getting rejected it could be the way you come accross in interviews. Finding a job takes persistence and patience. I'd also recommend the book: What color is your parachute. It's great for job searching. Good luck

Well I have a phone interview this week with a great company that's 25 minutes from where I live! So hoping it works out for me, I'd love to work for this organization!

Truthfully it's my interviewing ability that isn't as good as my resume, I have a tough time conveying my experience. I should write it out.

Well I have a phone interview this week with a great company that's 25 minutes from where I live! So hoping it works out for me, I'd love to work for this organization!

Truthfully it's my interviewing ability that isn't as good as my resume, I have a tough time conveying my experience. I should write it out.

I can relate to that... I have been looking for a job for about 8 months now off/on though I am employed so I'm not in a rush to find something. I seem to have good luck in getting phone interviews but not so great at getting to the next step.

Good luck with your interview!

If it's a phone interview you're at an advantage because you can dress in a way which is comfortable for you, without having to worry about your appearance. You can also have a list of points you want to get accross written out in front of you - and nobody will be any the wiser!

Good luck!

Hi Jetta, finding a job is difficult!! Especially in this economy and it takes many interviews and applications to find something that is the right fit. Hiring is extremely expensive for companies so they have rigorous processes to make sure they are hiring the right person. Don't give up, keep applying and interviewing and you will find something.

Keep in contact with your staffing agencies as well, make sure you are on their radar. I would check in once a week either by phone or email. As much as you are spending time applying for new positions, make sure you are networking as well. Talking to people in your field, making connections is very important. Everyone can sit in front of a computer and apply for jobs, that's why companies get thousands of applications, 90% of which are not qualified. Make sure you are talking to people too

I am a recruiter and we speak with hundreds of candidates a week and we are only human haha, so checking in is critical.

Keep a positive attitude about your job search and you will find something soon

Archived