I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this...but even if it isn't...hopefully you guys could help me out.

I was in a Long Distance Relationship..he's 28 and i'm 22. The situation is kind of confusing so I will do my best to give you guys some background.

We met at school and he just graduated. He is in the military and has plans to go off to training for over a year.

He also has a young child and was engaged at one point. He ended things with her after not being happy (he thought getting married was the right thing to do and was being pressured by family). He still sees the mother and his baby on occasion...understandable because he wants to be with his son (I never had any problems with this).

Anyways we got together this passed year... and at first it was more of just hooking up than a relationship. I tried ending things with him..but he came back...he said he realized how much he cared about me.

We saw each other a couple of times this summer and both times were amazing..Needless to say things became official after these two visits. He's a very mature man..and he knows what he wants.

Both of our last relationships were long distance and we talked about knowing how hard they can be.

I'm in love with him....though I never told him....actually there were a lot of thigns I didn't tell him that now I think I should have...He told me that after school he wanted me to come and be with him..wherever he was..(this confused me...I was happy to hear it..but at the same time nervous...I know how the military life can be...and I didn't want to be in a situation where I couldn't support myself - I guess I was scared that if I had to depend on him...he would eventually get tired of having to do it...and I didn't want that)...He said he could see himself falling in love with me...I thought he was the one...

well recently...last night actually..we started talking...I asked him if this is what he wanted...if he could do it...and he ended up telling me he was unsure. He had just gotten out of a 3 year long distance relationship..and didn't know if he could do a 4th...he also said that he was unsure of where I stood..and he wanted to be with someone he could marry..not that I wasn't that person..but because of the relationship being so new...he didn't feel we could build and grow because of the distance.

I feel heartbroken...but at the same time I know where he's coming from...

He said we didn't have to make any decisions yet...I told him I would give him a couple days to figure out what he wants...what i'm wondering is...am i doing the right thing..ya know giving him his space? Our we a lost cause?..should I just pack things up and start the moving on process?...I know a lot of you might think that he's just yanking my chain...cause breaking up is hard to do...but I really don't think he is. he's been upfront with me and honest about everything since the beginning.

Another thing I was wondering...if for whatever reason he says he wants to try things out...given what he's said...do I give it another try?...(I know this possibility might not even happen.but I wanted to ask anyway...)

My heart hurts...I'm devastated..and I don't know what to do..or what to think...

Please help me out and thanks in advance.

Heartbroken....

I'de move on due to the fact he probably hasn't gotten over or past the other relationship. You're a rebound. He may not think so but technically you are. Let him go, and he will probably run to someone else. Obviously he needs someone to take the pain away. Not healthy, and not fair to you. He's being up front with you yes, but at the same time you are being a doormat. Why should you have to wait for him to make a decision on IF he wants to be with you? Don't you deserve someone that WANTS to be with you and is sure of it?

There's a red flag in front of your face and he was honest about it. He had just gotten out of a 3 year relationship and he's not sure. Walk away.

Archived