Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Food and More

Love145

Breakfast 8am

Medium bean burrito with cream n cheese and a glass of iced diet coke

It was soft, creamy, I liked the sensation of the cheese, the sour flavor of the cream. I could not say much about the taste of the beans other than moist and creamier...

When I eat this faster I feel like it tastes better, but eating it slow and thinking what it felt like, smell like, and taste like, made me realize it was a simple meal. Next time I can put less beans cus it doesn't add much flavor. It was fulfilling. Mentally and physically. The taste of each bite was better with the iced diet coke. The drink enhance the flavor...The more diet coke I'd drink after each bite, the more I'd want to go for the next bite.

Hunger level bmt: 5 (10 starving, 1 not hungry at all)

Satisfaction level amt: 6 (10 stuffed, 1 starving)

BMT: before meal time

AMT: after meal time

Lunch 1pm

A serving of arros con pollo

A bottle of water

The first thing i notice was the smell; homemade. It reminded me of those meals that are authentic of my native country. The rice was hot at first and a bit crunchy. There was a piece of pork that was too salty. The flavor of the chicken was good. I could feel the vegetables soft and moist. The rice was fulfilling. warm. The smell and taste of the red peppers enhanced the presentation and taste of the meal.

I drank Water and noticed how I could taste better the food.

Hunger level bmt: 7 (10 starving, 1 not hungry at all)

Satisfaction level amt: 5 (10 stuffed, 1 starving)

Feelings: Restless, a bit hyper, I'm okay. I'm in control. I'm learning new things that are helping me to balance my emotions and actions.

"To discover what you really believe, pay attention to the way you act -- and to what you do when things don't go the way you think they should. Pay attention to what you value. Pay attention to how and on what you spend your time. Your money. And pay attention to the way you eat." from the book Women Food and God

Dinner 7pm

1 small mexican tamal with sour cream

A serving of arros con pollo

1 sweet plantain

1 diet coke

1 coffee

Food was natural, the combination was good because the rice blended well with the corn texture of the tamal. The cream enhances the flavor, the plantain was very sweet, juicy, colorful and tasted delicious. The tamal has a distinctive smell and taste, it taste better when you can have a bite that has meat.

The coffee is warm, tastes fantastic, and hope it wakes me up

HL BMT: 5

SL AMT: 7

Meal #4 at 1am

Arepa con quesito y huevos revueltos (Corn bread with cheese, butter and scramble eggs. Diet coke

Don't know anything about the taste. I could describe the flavor and what it feels cus I've eaten this all my life for many many breakfasts. But last night when I ate it I was not hungry, I was not thinking about what iw as putting on my mouth, I was just eating because the food was there on the table.

HL BMT: 2

SL AML: 9

Meal #5 at 5am

bread with butter and cheese.

Diet coke

No thoughts... I was a bit high... Not hungry... just doing the same pattern... eating anything I found right before going to sleep. Way to f...ked up a day I guess.

HL BMT 0

SL AMT 5

Monday Meals

Breakfast at 1pm

Coffee and a hot ham and cheese sandwich

No thoughts about the food. Not hungry. Again, I ate because S was making something for her to eat and offered to make me something.

Feelings: disappointed because I ate a lot last night. Unmotivated. Tired.

HL: 1

SL: 5

Late Lunch at 6pm

1 barbecue rib, some vegetable lo-mein, 1 crab rangoon, some pork rice and a few pieces of sweet and sour fried chicken

Taste: As sad as this is, I didn't pay attention to feelings when eating. It was good because I ate it all and didn't complain, but I didn't go deep into the flavors, the sensation, the thoughts connected with each bite. I guess I failed at my eating taste exercise. It's just hard to remember. Maybe I should put a sign on my table that reads: THINK ABOUT THE FOOD YOU'RE EATING.

HL: 1

SL: 6

Late Dinner at almost midnight

Leftover of Chinese rice, spare ribs, sweet and sour fried chicken, grab rangoon, eggroll and chicken lo-meil

Food tasted like it never before. The rice was greasy, not really tasteful and had no pork. The lo-mein looked like worms and it felt over cooked. The few pieces of chicken that I saw in the lo-mein look too pale, so i didn't eat them.

The egg-role was very greasy, the taste was hidden behind the old oil that was used to fry it and I could only feel the mixed smash of veggies as i was trying to swallow it. The grab rangoons combination of the creami cheese and the sweet sour sauce was exquisite but the fried crust, again tasted like re-used old, messing up the initial taste.

And the fried chicken was like rubbery. I through most of it away and wonder how the hell I ate the same dish earlier and thought it was not bad.

HL: 2

SL: 6 (but disappointed)

Snack Time

3 chocolate cookies and a small cup od chocolate ice cream

Taste... dulce arenosita amargo en los trosos del chocolate, simple lo k es solo galleta de asucar. T\Got no idea about the ice cream... sweet y chocolatudo i guess

HL: 1 (it was more a sweet craving)

Tuesday Meals WI:201.4

Breakfast at 10am

Coffee and hot ham n cheese sandwich

The coffee smells good, it's a bit strong, and temperture is just perfect, not too hot. I also love the bitter taste of the coffee.

The sandwich: I like the smell of the baked bread, sandwich is moist when u bite it. The ham and cheese is kind of tasteless, I feel more the heat of it and the texture.

When I close my eyes it truly takes me longer to eat the food. I like the sensation of the mozzarella cheese, i don't know why if it doesn't taste like much. It was also a bit bready, next time I can cut off the corners of the bread.

HL: 6

Late "breakfast" Lunch at at 4pm

Scramble eggs w ham, onions n tomatoes

2 pancakes. One w banana and both w honey n butter.

It was delicious, eggs were salty, loved the veggies n d flavored the ham had. The banana gave a delicious taste to the pancake. Tt felt like a spongy soft, fluffy n tasty.

HL:7

SL;6

Archived