I'm mad at myself.

-Sanguine-

There are so many thing that I WANT to do.

I want to get in shape, it's not like I don't have the resources or time.

I want to paint again, or do something creative. I miss it.

I want to get out of my house and do something.

I want to make new friends.

I want to be confident and outgoing.

Except here I sit.. on my computer. Because I can't seem to motivate myself to do any of the above no matter how badly I want it.

I keep telling myself I'll get in shape. Tonight I'll start, I say.

I tell myself, tomorrow I'll paint.

When I get a chance to make new friends, I feel shy and anxious.

When I get a chance to do something, I look forward to it, but at the same time I can't wait until it's over - depending on who it is or what it is.

What is wrong with me?

Am I depressed? It's not like I'm sad all the time. But I'm sick of making excuses to myself. I want to better myself but I can't seem to take the first step.

And the less I do, the more frustrated and unmotivated I become. I'm stuck in a rut. The fact that I know I'll be alone the next 6 days isn't helping much either.

Hmm you kind of sound like me...It is possible you are mildly depressed or perhaps burnt out. I know I am. What I find helpful is that I make a To Do List and try to tackle as many each day. I find that it helps, even if it's just "To buy fruit" or to "pick up dry cleaning". Feels good getting something done.

Sounds like you're bored with your life and want a change. It's a good that you have a list of things you want to do, but now you have to push yourself to do it. It starts with taking baby steps.

So give yourself a different goal for each day. Say tomorrow, you will workout at the gym for 30-40 minutes and then plan something different for the next day.

Don't say tonight, don't say tomorrow. Say right now.

And then do it. Even if it's only for 10 minutes. I find that in reference to working out, when I am out of shape I can't go much longer than that, anyway. I think sometimes we feel like we have to immerse ourselves in said hobbies. We don't give ourselves the chance to learn to enjoy them, all over again. Or we get overwhelmed looking at the distance from the starting point to the finish line. Take an inch at a time.

Work out for 10 minutes. Do some rough outlines of the painting you want to draw. Go outside and take a walk. Make it a point to smile at at least one person you cross paths with(yeah I know, it's cheesy...But it does give a small confidence booster). Start small, and start now!

Hmm you kind of sound like me...It is possible you are mildly depressed or perhaps burnt out. I know I am. What I find helpful is that I make a To Do List and try to tackle as many each day. I find that it helps, even if it's just "To buy fruit" or to "pick up dry cleaning". Feels good getting something done.

That's a good idea, thanks. I'll try to have things in mind to do each day.

Sounds like you're bored with your life and want a change. It's a good that you have a list of things you want to do, but now you have to push yourself to do it. It starts with taking baby steps.

So give yourself a different goal for each day. Say tomorrow, you will workout at the gym for 30-40 minutes and then plan something different for the next day.

I do feel bored. Unsatisfied even.

Thanks for the advice.

Don't say tonight, don't say tomorrow. Say right now.

And then do it. Even if it's only for 10 minutes. I find that in reference to working out, when I am out of shape I can't go much longer than that, anyway. I think sometimes we feel like we have to immerse ourselves in said hobbies. We don't give ourselves the chance to learn to enjoy them, all over again. Or we get overwhelmed looking at the distance from the starting point to the finish line. Take an inch at a time.

Work out for 10 minutes. Do some rough outlines of the painting you want to draw. Go outside and take a walk. Make it a point to smile at at least one person you cross paths with(yeah I know, it's cheesy...But it does give a small confidence booster). Start small, and start now!

Maybe you're right. I just have to go slow. I don't have to paint a whole painting in one night. I can start working out slowly. It's just exhausting sometimes. I am going to work out tonight. Right after I finish typing this!

Archived