Match.com lying about last activity?

Zeitgeist

So I recently started dating this girl I met off link removed. I was looking through some reviews about link removed online to see what others people experiences have been. I was startled to read a complaint about the service from someone who's girlfriend broke up with him because his profile had said that he logged in very recently even though he hadn't logged in quite some time. So I created a separate account, flushed the cache and cookies on my computer to make sure there was no trace of my other account, logged in and checked on my profile. Sure enough, it said that I was "online now!" even though I haven't logged on in over 5 days! It's not a major concern to me yet because we're not serious and I have a couple other dates lined up, but this isn't something I want to have to worry about if a serious relationship were to ever develop.

Has anyone else experienced this??

I am distrusting of that website.

I have 2 friends who were ready to leave the website, and you know how they say, if you don't find love in 6mo, they give you an extra 6mo.

Both friends didn't find love in 6mo, and mysteriously, an extra attractive male contacted them nearing the end of the 6mo, gave them both his business card, and it was very fishy. They ended up believing that he worked for link removed, and ran background checks on him. It was too good to be true. So they did not get an extra 6mo because they both met this mysterious man!

I've never been on Match, but I believe that they go by what your "IP" address is, even if you do have another account.
I don't know if that's right because I checked a little while later and my profile then read "within 24 hours". If they went by IP, it should always be "online now" when I check.
Damn thats creepy! I don't know. I wanted to add if a serious relationship were to develop you could just hide your profile. You wouldn't need it anyway.
Even before then, I wouldn't want any woman I was dating to develop insecurities over this.

You don't want a woman who would develop insecurities over this. Until you are exclusive, log in, don't log in, your choice, and she is free to do the same. Once you are exclusive, both profiles should come down.

Personally, have found the log in times accurate.

• 4 years later...

i just got a text from a girl i met on link removed and she's pist cause she went out of town and was checking to see if i was on match it said i was within last 3 days. that was a damn lie right now I'm dealing with this crap. its ridiculous. they are apparently lying about people who haven't been to the site in ages by saying within the last 3 days or something I'm not sure what why or how but its a freaking lie. so yeah this crap does happen on Match. and no matte what a guy says girls really believe what they see good luck.

Archived