Do you find cutting helps or not, and were do u do it?

just wondering if it really helps people, as when i do it i find it helps loads, but some time i do it now just for the sake of doing something.

and i know i shouldn't, i haven't done it for bout 1 and a half months now, and thats the longest i have gone with out and am quite proud of my self, but if i were to do it again, i want to do it were it cant be seen as i use to do my arms top and bottom and my wrist and my ankles, but my mate who knew i was doing it as she was a well, she saw them everyday and soon other people started to notice and i was in a lot of trouble at school as i tried to cover them but i had to take off what i was using to cover them and soon teachers found out.

so i need to have places were i can keep them hidden.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've gone so long without cutting already! Why are you willing to lose everything you have gained? If your mate has the same problem, maybe you both can take advantage of that fact and work on quitting for good together! You can have each other to talk to about problems and face them head on together instead of trying to cut them away. Cutting does not help anything- it may be a temporary release but it's never going to solve any problems.

Here's a link with some tips on how to overcome cutting by teens who have overcome it themselves:

link removed

You've gone so long without cutting already! Why are you willing to lose everything you have gained? If your mate has the same problem, maybe you both can take advantage of that fact and work on quitting for good together! You can have each other to talk to about problems and face them head on together instead of trying to cut them away. Cutting does not help anything- it may be a temporary release but it's never going to solve any problems.

Here's a link with some tips on how to overcome cutting by teens who have overcome it themselves:

link removed

me and my mate got worse by talk bout our problems together, she to to the pint were she ended up in hospital on a mental word, it didn't work, and her being really ill has made me worse, and now shes out of hospital but she has a really serious heart problem on being mentally ill as well.

i have been told im mentally ill too!

'Why are you willing to lose everything you have gained?'

i dunno, i don't think i have gained anything, its all just getting worse, i just want to know were i can do it were no one will notice thats all, im not saying im going to i just want to know in case i go down that road again!

Overcoming something like cutting takes time- a month and a half is a huge accomplishment and something to be very proud of but it doesn't mean you are fully recovered- and it's obvious you aren't.

If you and your mate only get worse because you feed off of each other's illness, don't you think it would be best for both of you to take some time apart and get better? If she brings you down, it's not a healthy relationship- and honestly, you can't have a healthy relationship until you are healthy yourself. You need to let her go- for now- for both of your best interests.

Stay strong, seek help and keep on posting here. This forum is such a great place to seek help! You are on the right track, you just need to get over this bump in the road and from what it sounds like, you can't do it in your current situation. Only you can make your life better.

Good luck to you and best wishes!

Don't feel bad. It's normal to have a relapse- it DOES NOT make you a failure! Also, don't compare yourself to your mate- everyone deals with things at a different pace. Try focusing on the fact that it's been a month and a half- that's so terrific!! Also, knowing that cutting today made you feel bad, do you still want to do it? It seems to me that you really want to completely quit cutting but don't know who to go to or another way to deal with your problems. Have you ever tried talking to a counselor or therapist? If you don't want to or don't have to means to, there are numbers you can call: 1-800-DONT CUT or 1-800-366-8288.

The road to recovery is a long, bumpy one filled with obstacles but I know you can do it. Right now, you just need a little help.

Archived