Do you find cutting helps or not, and were do u do it?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I know its really not the best way to deal with it. Most of the time I do something else, either go to the gym or take a nap or a shower, but... well, sometimes it just comes down to that. And when I say "i started smoking" I mean.. like, a cigarette every 2 days or so, and when i run out, I am not going to buy more.

well i do know its stupid, i only smoke when im at skool and if i can get a fag otherwise i dont, execpt if im out with my best mate, but shes kinda really ill and in hospital at the mo, so my life as just got a bit worse and also my auntie who has cancer has got worse, but im really close to her so thats made my life alot worse, i do write poems alot of the time, smoking really now is to clam me down and focus me when im at skool, coz i cant face skool at the mo its really hard for me, but yeh i do think mentaly it is better for me!

ummm not alot, had my first exam today it went terrible lol, i cryed alot today in so much trouble at skool, and people being horrible, i stood in a toilet at skool to day and banged my had on a window till i felt better got a really bad head ache now and nearly broke the window lol but oh well, just need to get out of trouble. but i only need to make it 8 more days then i would of not cut for a month which is quite good for me, my ginny pig keeps scratching my arm, and people keep saying i hav been cutting and its really upsetting me, dont know wat to say whent they say that, they dont believe me if i say it was my ginny pig. so i dunno what to do now!

Probably a sensible idea. There are other ways of coping, like allowing yourself to cry, channeling that energy and those feelings into something else, such as writing, exercise, etc, and of course talking to us or calling a friend if you feel your going to do it

physical activity can be very helpful in relieving the stress that leads to self injury. for me one huge things was jiu jitsu kickboxing and a workout schedule that kept me busy 6 days a week. just gotta look into what you like and find something else. this worked for me it may work for others i dont know. i have also noticed now that i have a much harder time now staying away from self injury since i am unable to take any of my martial arts classes for the time being.

if you to know more about what i did and how this helped just ask

ummmm im doing ok at the mo, am at home on my own at the mo, and thats when i tend to hurt myself coz theres no one at home, so i decided i would come in to the kitchen, n go on my dads computer today instead of being on mine up stairs, but i thought i would come on here, n take my mine of every thing, watch a bit of tv at the same time, even tho i know being in the kitchen with knifes and things isnt a good idea, i feel a bit safe then if im in my bedroom, as if i do, do something n i pass out or something, when my parents come home they will find me straight away, wereas if im up stairs they will just think im on my computer or sleeping, and it would be a while before they would find me, but i hav a positive feeling, im not going to do anything, i just need to keep calm!

Archived