A promise that cant possibly be held on forever. Am i right?

me to promise her that ill never be sad or she would stop talking to me,but i knew she was just messing around but she still wanted me to promise,so i did. I thaught that it would be like a 2 week thing or something,but she really didnt wanted me to be sad.So last time she told me something that got me sad, and i told her that i was sad, and she said that i couldnt be sad becasue i promise but then i told her "oh please a promise is an idea invented by humans to be secure about something there not" Then she got all pissed and told me that that was messed how i just blew the promise like that and that it didnt really had any importants to me. Now she is calling but i dont really want to answer until later. Now here are my questions.

1.Should i have treated that promise better?

2.Should i apologize about breaking the promise or was i reasonable.

3.How important are promises to you women?

I think she wants you to promise things because she knows deep down that her acts will in the end hurt you. It seems that she does not want to be responsible towards you for what she does.

Are we talking about your gf here? I think she might be too young or immature for a commitment.

Take care,

Ilse.

You cannot promise someone that your not going to be sad. This is the way we human beings respond to situations that affect us negatively.

I don't think you should have ever promised her that you weren't going to be sad, because that is one impossible promise.

As for your g/f, she had no right to get mad at you because you were sad. She should have been supportive of the fact that you were sad, and she should have comforted you in the process. In the future, you should be careful what you promise someone.