I think he is about to ghost me?

clairehunti

He barley text me after I slept with him and I know how obvious that sounds but I just don't get it. The day after "it" he texted me asking about my day. Later on I text him and we have this conversation but when I try flirting with him he just goes "haha" and he is the one who always would start flirting. He started asking about my day and kept things casual saying it was a shame that we didn't run into each other. He ends it at all with telling me to get in touch with him so later on I sent him a flirty text again to see his reaction and once again I get a casual answer with a haha. I have stopped reaching out for him and so far we haven't talked at all. No he isn't busy at all and I get the feeling that he lost interest from one day to another. Just a week ago he brushed my hair out of my face and smiled, this doesn't feel right at all and I don't know what to do about it. Another random thing is that I feel like his best friend pays more attention to me, recently he came up to me and asked if we have been talking to each other and then he told me where I could find him. All this probably don't make any sense but I just get so mixed signals I feel like my head is about to explode. Why would he even bother telling me to stay in touch if he has no interest in me?

You were having doubts then, as well. In any event, enticing him with a booty call will not hook him into a relationship. If anything, you're likely to drive him away simply by having such little respect for yourself, IMO.

As I've said many times, if he doesn't want your heart, he doesn't deserve your body.

This is just my personal opinion, but I don't think flirting with someone straight after having sex is always the best thing. If the sex was good, why overkill it? Leave some space to build momentum for next time because flirting doesn't nearly compare to sex unless you're trying to go somewhere with it.

Anyway, it sounds to me like you need to give him space. I bet he is still interested in you, but he probably feels he doesn't need to text you as much because he expects for you to "keep in touch" now. In my experience, guys like to say this when they feel they've caught you in their trap and that you're not going to go anywhere. But, any guy who is REALLY interested always keeps in touch with you, so don't give him the bait! Forget about him and do your own thing, girl!!! You'll be surprised how well this method works out whether he comes back to you or not!

Your words really helped! It wasn't actually straight after sex just a few days later. Well I have not contacted him in any way so far and I'm not planning to, hopefully he will be interested enough to get in touch with me this time. I didn't imagine it to hurt this much because I had so many great times with him and I was starting to like him but once I give in (because I was ready) this happens.

This happens sometimes no matter what you do or don't do, but having sex before a commitment especially leaves one open to this. Not always, but often enough yeah. And his friend is likely being chummy thinking he might get lucky as well.

You can try to invite him to something and see if that helps, but if he's stopped texting or reaching out to you at all then that pretty much is not a good sign. Most guys would be all over you trying to spend time with you if they wanted more, not letting you do all the initiating. I think you're handling it right in backing off, go out and have fun with your friends, but like I said maybe invite him to something and see what he says or does. And on that night say no to the sex and tell him it's not the only thing you're about. See what he says, it should be pretty clear then whether it's just cold feet or he truly was into the game of getting laid and now he's done since the goal has been achieved.

And yeah, it sucks but it is what it is. Not everyone you sleep with is going to be a love match, harsh truth.

I have done as PP suggests, and it works out in terms of being understood but it doesn't work out in terms of dating the man. The balance of power is too lopsided, he knows it, and he knows you have seen his player side. Hard to build trust after that.

Focus on you. Its hard. The world holds each of us accountable in ways we can't see, so trust in that.

Archived