Does the hurt from being cheated on and left for someone else ever go away?

Arenty

Oh yes, it does go away. And not only that, but soon the day will come when you look back and ask yourself "what was I thinking, to suffer over such an unworthy guy?". I've been there a few times, and I was just like you, a non-eating, non-sleeping sobbing mess, and I thought I would never feel whole again. And guess what? I look back and I could strangle myself for allowing those dimwits to get to me like that! But those were learning experiences, I got stronger with each and every dimwit I met, and I became much, much smarter. The same will happen with you, and that's a promise

It just takes time.

It just means that the 2 of you weren't meant for each other, why feel so low?

Here's an analogy, remember when you were a kid and you tried to put a circle piece into a triangular hole? It didn't fit so you tried to jam it in only to realise that circles and triangles just don't match.

Once you see finding your s.o in that context, you'll never feel down from incompatibility again.

My wife did the same thing to me 11 months ago. Hurts like hell but you will survive. One day at a time until you slowly heal and live a prosperous life without a cheater you have to keep checking up on. You are much better off having him out of your life so you can truly find peace and happiness. And you WILL.

Archived