Taking my EX on a date after we broke up 2 months ago

unsponsored

So I've been in a pretty positive mood lately. After my ex and I broke up I started Limited/No contact. It's been a really good experience to go to counseling every week and work through my issues. Working out almost every day along with cognitive therapy techniques have done wonders to change my self image. I've also moved past the overwhelming sense that I absolutely must get back with my ex.

Her and I have been talking more lately. However, I'm not so consumed with the idea of "WHAT IF I FAIL." Now it's more like "I'll give it my best shot, and if it works, great. If not then there are other cute girls out there." We've had a couple of short, pleasant conversations on the phone and last night we talked for about 30 minutes. It was a pretty good time and I decided to ask her out on a date. She seemed pretty positive about the idea of going on a fun, pressure free outing.

So I figure I'll just take her out and show her a good time. No relationship talk, no over-thinking, just a chance for us to hang out and have some fun together. Maybe a chance to rebuild some attraction between us.

Any thoughts or advice?

yeah man enjoy the moment, My ex is coming to my place in a hour, We broke up 1month ago, she broke up with me...after I was enjoing myself and trying not to contact her, She became interested in me again and insisted in coming to my house. I actually dont know what is gonna happen, It feels like I'm better now alone than I was in the last 3 months of the Relationship...Only a magic can change the situation...I will enjoy the moment now guys!

I hope you enjoy too....Good Luck!

Hey man well sounds like exact issue. Wonder if there's hope for me too. Gf broke it off with me about a mouth ago. Within that month we talked and told her sorry about being a disappointment to her. I also am going through counseling once a week to fix my problems that broke is apart. Also going to the gym everyday to make myself bigger and stronger.

How hard was going no contact for you? Cause for me it's killing me. I have that thought of wanting to get back with her, and would do anything possible. Does no contact really workout for the best?

Well, it doesn't seem like it's going to work out with her. I sent her a short message today saying "Morning! You still down for going out tonight?"

She replied:

"I don't know, I keep thinking it's not a good idea. I just... I'm not in a good place. And I don't want to lead you on if we do hang out. I'm not ready for serious talks, I know you want more, I know you want us again, I don't wan those things I don't want to make things harder."

I said:

That's understandable. I'm not gonna pressure you or make you feel like I'm rushing you. I don't think there's any need to jump into anything right now. I just wanted to take you out and show you a good time. If you don't want to though it's no big deal

Like I said before if it doesn't work out then I'm ready to move on. This seems like a pretty clear sign that she isn't ready, even if just for a fun outing. So if she replies back I'm just going to wish her good luck.

On the plus side, there is a super cute girl whom I think is interested in me. One door closes, another opens

I don't think you read the post correctly. When we were just talking she seemed open to a fun outing. NOW that she doesn't want to go I'm not going to pressure her. I said "if she contacts me I'm just going to wish her good luck." In fact, I have no desire to contact her anymore. I hope this clears up your misunderstanding of my post.

I'm not trying to come of as snide. I just want to clear it up. You are right though. Time to focus on the cute girl.

Thanks!

Archived