Ok so i have been with my bf for 2.5 years. And he started acting funny and distance around end of july. We got married behind my parents back last october 2013. Noone knows about it. He kept telling me to tell my parents but i didnt cause i didnt feel supported enough. i was living with my parents and he is a tenant in my parents house so i basically kind of lived with him but didnt stay over night. and in july he asked me to marry him for real and tell our parents and go on a honey moon on our first year anniversary. Then in august he wanted space and time to think about his life and about the relationship. So i tried leaving him alone as much as possibel but i couldnt. He told me i was suffocating him, control him, wont let him do anything, that we need space we are together 24/7. So we kinda broke up on august 10. Then towards labor day weekend i went away to my friends which is couple hours away and he came and picked me up. And the next day i found out he was cheating on me. I flipped out. our relationship got worse. He told me that he didnt know if he loved me or not. He said this relationship is unhealthy the way it is going. He wanted to break up. Then last weekend i went to talk to him and we got back together again. we got intimate and he called me his wife for the first time. And he talked about continuing with the plans to go on our honeymoon. And he said he told that other girl it was over. It was a great weekend i felt that he missed me and he loved me. he kept on saying he is my husband and im his wife and i better not have cheated on him our break (even though he cheated himself). Then that sunday he wanted to go out and i got upset we just made up, he needed to get my trust back. His friend came over and that girl wouldnt stop msging him so we started arguing in front of his friend. It got really bad. I started throwings things at him. And i left. 2 days later his friend moved in with him (reason - he cant afford rent anymore) and put new locks on the door to keep me out. so now we broke up. He couldnt say it to my face and i didnt want to hear it. He told my friend things and she told me its over. Im trying to make it throught this. But i have done so much for him as a gf and a wife. But he told me he never aaw me as a wife because i didnt stay at his house. But my family didnt know and my parents are really strickt. But he acknowleged me as his wife last weekend. So im trying to give up on him. It hurts like hell. I dont know what to so. Its hurting so badly. Does anyone think he will come back to me ??? Or say something to me on our first year anniversary???? I need someone to say anything to me at this moment.

Wow. A whole lot of deception here.

It doesn't really matter how strict your parents are, you're married and you should have told your parents that from day one. When you marry, you are starting a new relationship with your husband and ending the relationship you had as a child with your parents.

I am not condoning your husband cheating, but in a way I can understand his frustration. By you not telling your parents of your marriage you did not start off your marriage the way you should have. Living with, coming home to, going to sleep with and walking up to, your new husband. But obviously that did not happen and in the meantime a lot of damage has been done to your relationship. Forget about his acknowledging your one year anniversary, you are only married on paper. You have never acted the married couple and now it seems whatever it was you did have with your 'husband' is over.

The best thing you can do for yourself (and him) is figure out a way to either get this marriage annulled or file for divorce.

And don't marry again until you can do it as an adult without worrying about or caring what your parents think.

Archived