Why is she ignoring me? :/

mendis02

My ex gf broke up with me 1 month ago and started ignoring me since then! She 1st said we could be friends but then started to ignore me! I tried to contact her for 3 weeks but she never responded. But she has told her sis that she can't talk to me.

After like 3 days after we broke up she met this new guy and she kinda started seeing him. And now after 4 weeks she's dating him!

I've already done some fatal mistakes which pushed her further away. Such as:

* Trying to contact her. (not always though)

* Begging and pleading the last day we talked.

* Telling bad stuff to her new guy when she was seeing him!

Is she in a rebound relationship?

Ignoring me since we broke up means she doesn't have feelings for me?

She is ignoring you because...she broke up w/ you. It doesn't matter if it is a rebound or not --- she doesn't want to be in a relationship w/ you. Her feelings for you have died, or are diminished...or she wouldn't have broken up. And you remaining in contact for 3 weeks, begging and pleading, talking trash -- has killed any hope for the future.

Get your act together!

The dumper 'generally' doesn't rebound. You cannot do anything. Anything at all. Just go NC and start getting on with YOUR life.

The reality:

+ She dumped you.

+ She's watching how you're acting now and it's confirming her decision.

+ She's being pushed to be closer to this guy.

What do you think they're talking about? Probably how desperate you are acting. My ex is seeing someone already. She has nothing to say about me because I've done nothing she can talk about. She may not give me a second thought - fine - but two years down the line when I see her. I'll be the guy that kept my dignity and respected her decision. Not many guys can say that after a break-up. She won't look at me and pitty me. She'll look at me and respect me.

I'm being harsh here but you need to snap out of it. I understand you're desperate. I was, but when I was about to pick up the phone (even yesterday) I phone my dad, speak to a friend, come on here and get talked out of it. Because they talk logic, brain logic. My body can be logical 95% of the day and then my heart starts messing things up for me. It's controlling that which brings the inner strength you need at this time.

I'm sorry if this is offensive. I would probably find it offensive. But you need to hear it.

She is ignoring you because...she broke up w/ you. It doesn't matter if it is a rebound or not --- she doesn't want to be in a relationship w/ you. Her feelings for you have died, or are diminished...or she wouldn't have broken up. And you remaining in contact for 3 weeks, begging and pleading, talking trash -- has killed any hope for the future.

no i didn't beg or plead for 3 weeks,just that day we broke up! Then i just tried to contact her for 3 weeks! Kinda like calling twice a week. But she didn't respond.

Nobody but her will be able to tell you that. She is ignoring you because she doesn't want to speak to you. That is the only reason we ever ignore anybody. Any other reasons behind that fact is pure guesswork..

Take a few steps back and ease off. You're not helping yourself pestering her. Loads of us have done it in the past , try and learn from the mistakes of others

There is nothing you can do to force her to speak to you , best bet is to leave it up to her to contact you

I still have a chance?

Move on, Forget her. Start dating other girls. If she comes back on her own, then think if you still want her. I am suggesting you all this, because the more you will chase her, the more you might scare her away. The more you will keep her in your mind, the more disturbed you would be in life. The best way to do this is to start seeing other girls. Know other people. There are many out there who might be better then her in some areas.

Enjoy this break-up, because each break-up brings out possibility of letting some other wonderful person come to your life. Having said this, protect the relationship to the very extent you can protect, but once it is broken, move on.

Who can say if you still have a chance? Right now she is silent because she does not want to speak to you. I do hope you have stopped attempting to contact her by now. Just continue your healing and stop focusing on her new relationship. No one knows how long it will last or if it is a "rebound." Just do you.

My ex gf broke up with me 1 month ago and started ignoring me since then! She 1st said we could be friends but then started to ignore me! I tried to contact her for 3 weeks but she never responded. But she has told her sis that she can't talk to me.

She is ignoring you because of the above - you are broken up. You are certainly not the first guy (or girl) to hear the "let's be friends" line. Sometimes (rarely) they actually mean "let us be friends" but most of the time when someone says "lets be friends after I'm finished dumping you because I don't want to be with you" it is usually a multi-stage breakup. What I mean here is dumping someone can be incredibly hard - you worry about how they will take it, etc... plus it can be hard on the dumper too. They say "lets be friends" because they still care enough about your feelings that they want to be gentle letting you down at the time. Or they don't give a crap about you and figure if they say "let's be friends" that you won't cause too much of a scene.

She's got a new guy. She doesn't want you hanging around messing things up, causing conflict or drama. Maybe her new guy is in a biker gang and will beat the crap out of you if you start hanging around. Maybe he just told her "him or me" and she picked him.

As you said, you have already done some "fatal" mistakes so if she's in a rebound relationship or not it is irrelevant. You made the mistakes that killed this thing once and for all. It's over.

I just want to know if this is a rebound relationship? Her sister once told me she's using this new guy cause she misses me!

Why does it matter if it is one or not? How will this help you move on?

Even if it is, and she comes back, do you want to be sloppy seconds after she was with someone else?

I agree with others - man up and try your best to move on. That includes not contacting her.

She has moved on, it's best for you that you do as well. Her actions say "it's over" and she has nothing to discuss with you any longer. Friends? you really don't want that anyway and it looks like she changed her mind on that as well. I doubt she "hates you" she just wants to go, do yourself a favor and don't contact her anymore, nothing good will come from it.

I'm sorry for your suffering. Understand though that the way she's acting speaks volumes on how it is really over for her. Put yourself in her shoes... if you wanted to get back with your ex, would you really not talk to her anymore to want to fix things? Subsequently, if you want to fix the relationship, would you really date someone else? It may be hard to face reality at this point in time,OP,but know that maintaining NC will get you there quickly. I will not tell you to move on because based on experience it's easier said than done, but the least you can do right now is get out and stay out of her life. The friendship you'd establish right after breakup is most likely not genuine because human emotions cannot be switched off just like that.

Archived