What does a kiss on the cheek from him mean?

ladeedah

After a first date with this guy he held his hand out and i took it than he pulled me in a gave a kiss on the cheek. Just curious as to whether or not this means he is interested in goign out with me again. We had a good time on the date and he was showing me pics of him going bungee jumping on his iphone. Also he called me 20 minutes after i got home to tell me i was correct about something we had talked about and that he had said was wrong. So what do you think?

He is interested.. Being a guy, we would like to be li'l respectful no to do something too aggressive.. If I was not interested, why would I even bother to give a kiss on the cheek? He is just being a gentleman..

^ this ^^ He is definitely saying that he's interested and a gentleman!

Sounds interested to me; he could have just hugged you or shook your hand or, hell, he could've just said "I had fun, see ya" if he wasn't interested. He's just respectful. I have gotten hugs from guys after first dates who I ended up dating for awhile. Would you want a guy you barely know trying to grope you and make out with you after one date? I'd take that as somewhat insincere.

I had a guy shake my hand at the end of the date. Then he kindof hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I had never experienced that before as most go for a mouth kiss. I fretted about it for three days, the time he took before calling. Come to find out, he did it on purpose to build mystery and interest. The more he keeps you guessing, the more time you're spending thinking about him. It's a good move and may mean that he just doesn't want to scare you off.

I had a guy shake my hand at the end of the date. Then he kindof hugged me and kissed me on the cheek. I had never experienced that before as most go for a mouth kiss. I fretted about it for three days, the time he took before calling. Come to find out, he did it on purpose to build mystery and interest. The more he keeps you guessing, the more time you're spending thinking about him. It's a good move and may mean that he just doesn't want to scare you off.

Haha...good point shandi; some guys definitely have game and want to keep the girl slightly off balance, since they know most guys will go straight for the make out session and girls are "spoiled" into expecting this. On a similar note, I've been dating a guy for awhile and was fretting about why he hadn't given me more than a peck on the mouth in 6 dates...this weekend he just went all out with the tonsil hockey, and I asked "Jeez, where was this side of you for the past month?" and he answered "Weren't you the one who said you just wanted things to flow? Well, now they're flowing." Way to throw my words back in my face!

LOL @ your tonsil hockey story Takingtheblame. Your guy sounds fun. I like to be kept a little off balance, nothing mean mind you... just unpredictable. Most guys are cookie cutter relicas of each other. I always know what to expect on the first date. This "kiss on the cheek" guy threw me for a loop. I fell for him big time. I was constantly wondering why he did this or said that and fantasized about what he would do next. It was like I was a young girl again dating for the first time. More guys should pull this same trick. Go for the cheek and keep her guessing.

Archived