My friend is being a douche.

live4u129

Hi, this is my first post, but my friend is being a douche. He just moved into a new house down the street and ever since he's been really aggrivating. I came into this whole new world of computers and tech and he followed me in like a stalker, and now that I'm in, he's always asking me questions, but he never listens when I try to teach him about something he asks. And when we play PC games, he's always getting lost and makes me play it for him. It's getting really annoying. And this whole argument about money... I dunno if I should say it because it might be personal. Is it personal to ask about someone's house payment? If not I'll get an answer and do another post on the money argument.

What do I do about him being a douche-face? Oh and he exaggerates constantly, like when he told me he made 800 dollars in a week while I had to wait 5 months for 1000. And no, that's not the money argument. Just tell me what to do about this, he's just being competitive, rude, and lazy. (I might also mention we're about 14 so we've got the whole... Puberty thing happening if that matters at all to the story and the solution.) Thanks guys!

Instead of getting on his case about it, and letting him get to you, why not turn the tables on him. If you have the upper hand and know more about computers than he does, make him pay the price. Literally.

"Ill help you....for 5$"

Or just tell him off. If hes bugging you about something technical just tell him

"Sorry, I figured it out my self, your going to have to do the same."

And don't let him get to you...I don't know any 14 year olds making 800$ a week....I work 40 hours a week...and I get payed 10.5/hour and after taxes I walk home with about 725$...So unless your buddy has proof, just assume hes running his mouth.

PS: Age does play a role, whether you like it or not. I was going to say "next time he brings up money, just drop it if you know hes lying." However, I know I couldn't just "drop" things at 14

It sounds to me like he is jealous or has a low self-esteem. I believe that is why he makes everything seem like its a competition. I would just ignore him instead of letting it get to you if that is possible. He is trying to get to you, and in someway it makes him feel better when he knows it bothers you. Don't let him use you in order to make himself feel better.

Oh well now I have a new problem... It's like 4 AM so I'm a bit tired so forgive me for any typing errors. He's starting to make me look really stupid. He'll go around to all our other friends and say stuff about computers that he heard from me, but he simplifies it and makes me sound like an idiot. It's kinda like this... I like intel better than AMD, and he knows that. He asked why, and I gave him a valid reason, a bit of a complicated reason, and he went straight to our friends yelling, Intel is better than AMD! And when they'd ask for a answer, he'd just say that I say it's better, and it makes me look stupid because he didn't say that I had a reason. So now most of the people around me think I'm immature. Our group of friends is a bit complicated, we're all into computers except him pretty much... Heh. He won't bother listening to us. I know this sounds really girly and sissy, but it's a problem to me.

Archived