Discovered lump on back of neck...

Hey everyone, as you see im new here so go easy on me

anyway, about 6 months ago i discovered a lump on the back left side of my neck, i wondered what it was for ages then i finally forgot about it. today i have came back from work and rubbing the back on my neck and felt this lump again and it has seemed to have grown and became more soild, itsi n the same place and everything. also there is one abit smaller about 3 inches above it and its kinda worrying me.

i noticed another post about this type of thing dated 2 years back which is the same as mine basically. im 16 and just finished my exams and waiting on my grades to get back to me but thats the last thing on my mind since this problem has arived.

Does anyone know anything about this lump ot give me advice (i know some people are gonna say go to the doctors but i hate them i dunno why they are really nice people, jus hate the place erm heres abit of detail on this lump thing.

abit bigger then pee sized, really soild, smooth, much hotter then any other part of my body, dont hurt when touched but after a while it starts too.

the one above it is smaller then pee sized abit hot and really soil too.

Please if anyone has any ideas or comments please list, being as i got work and everything its a big worry on my mind so anything will help.

Thank you.

EDIT: i forgot to include that i have been having really bad headaches for example in the morning i would wake up get out of bed and the top of my head hurt so much i would have to lay back down.

also today i had a massive pain on one part on the left side of my head nere the front. not sure if this help but its worth a shot i guess

Welcome to ENA!

My brother had a lump (about the size of a big pea) on the back of his neck around your age too.

It ended up being a blood clot and had to have it taken out.

You should definitely get it checked out even if you don't like going to the docs. It might be a blood clot that is probably preventing blood flow into your brain and it might even dislodge and go into your brain and cause damage.

I don't mean to scare you but you definitely need to see a doc to be sure.

When I was 14 or 15 I had a lump in my foot and I was just positive I had cancer. I was so worried about it I ended up getting sick all the time. I eventually went to the doctor. I had a cat scan and an mri and it turned out it was just a cyst. They removed it and I'm totally fine. It could be alot of things, only your doctor will be able to tell you. Don't assume it's something really serious unless you have a reason to. It's probably nothing so don't stress yourself over it.

Sorry to tell you what you don't want to hear but GO TO THE DOCTOR. What is the purpose of assuming all of these things it could be without actually knowing the truth of what it really is? Assuming does not put you at ease. Lumps could mean many things (some harmless and some aren't)...so you really have to face your fears. Just ask your mom or whomever if you can get a check up, and privately ask the doctor if the lump is normal and I am sure he will help you to come to an answer so you won't have to be scared about it any longer..Like you said, they're nice

yeah i guess your right there, i was thinking tho, if its a blood clot how comes there is another smaller lump above it? or could that not be related?

also i forgot to mention that i have noticed that my arms and legs have started to come out in like red spots like bites from a flea or something might not be related but who knows? im going to talk to my parents about this tomorrow just worred what the reactions are going to be...

i have been doing abit of reserch on this and i think i got a idea of something i could be, im still going to get it checked out but do you think this is possible..

lately i havnt had alot of sleep at all, i meen look at the time im still on now 2:51am GMT, do you think that this lump could be a swollen lymph node? being as i havent been feeling well lately with my headaches, sore eyes and strees that this lymph node is swollen because its trying to fight an infection? or possibly is trying to fight one that is not there? as i recall from some medical studys i have done in school before, lack of sleep messes with the immune system. im thinking of having a couple days rest and keeping off the pc and just sticking to abit of tv and if it hasnt changed ill go see someone about it.

lets hope it does go down then i dont have to face one of my worse fears...

lots of small problems are fixable, but can become BIG problems if you do nothing... it could be anything from fighting an infection to cancer, but your best bet is spend an hour going to a doctor to get it looked at... is it really worth being sleepless over, and feeling bad all the time?

doctors can rule out most problems with a quick examination and a blood test, so it is really worth your while to go do it... and if it is something more serious, don't you want to go when it is still at a level you can treat it? even most cancers nowadays are treatable, especially in young otherwise healthy people, so please don't play russian roulette with your future, go get checked out, tough out one hour at the doctor to potentially save your life AND to be able to get a good's night sleep again rather than worrying.

I had something similar at your age. I saw a doctor, it turned out just to be a pinched nerve. Chances are that this is not anything serious, it is likely a cyst or a pinched nerve, but just in case, you should get it checked out, at least you will have peace of mind, and that will make you feel a lot better!

good luck

Go the the doctor IMMEDIATELY. Please.

A swollen lymph node should not be hotter than the rest of your body: ANY lump that is noticeably hotter should be checked out STRAIGHT AWAY. I don't want to worry you, but you definitely shoud not leave this thing a minute longer.

See your doctor as a matter of urgency.

Archived