How was your Mother's Day?

Despite trying to heal and learn from my relationship that recently ended, he was amazing to me – as always! He brought me a gorgeous potted arrangement – with beautiful stones, yellow tulips and a candle holder that was placed in the soil that stands and extends the height of the flowers. Just absolutely beautiful - and what was more special - he made it! He invited my boys and me for breakfast with his mom and grandmother – and although feeling teary eyed there – we had a nice time. My boys made me a beautiful card type placemat that was plasticized – and one side was a very touching poem and picture they drew – and the other side was a menu in which I could choose healthy breakfast items for a breakfast in bed! They're learning about the four food groups so this was very appropriate, IMO! Since we went ended up going out for breakfast – my boys had me play restaurant with them when we returned home. They put chef hats on and he joined in helping them prepare apple and orange slices on a plate for me along with a good cup of coffee! It was so sweet of all of them – and my boys really enjoyed spending time with him. He stayed for while and when he left, I felt good inside knowing that whatever happens in my life, the love he has shown me over the years is true and never ending.

Later that day, my boys and I hung out by the lake and played silly games and collected wood to make a fire. I reflected on a lot of positive things about my relationship and I felt good about that. I also thought about what he said to me and I completely agreed. "My heart aches missing you. But it feels so good to love you." With that, my day was awesome!

I hope everyone else a wonderful - and special - day!

Never am thankful to my mother anymore.

The sadest part of it is that I've asked my mother if mother's day was tomorrow and she told me it was today...and it concluded the conversation.

In the end, we have to admit that not everyone has chances that others have.

My fiance took my boys and I to his mother's ranch (The flying heart) so we could BBQ and spend the day together working on the ranch...which I really like to do. His mom has a new filly who is about a month or so old, and his mom wanted to put a halter on her for the first time. We were going to do it ourselves, but luckily a friend and his fiance stopped by, this guy is a total Colorado cowboy, wrangler jeans, cowboy hat, windburnt face...and knows horses. It was AWESOME to watch the psychology that goes into teaching a horse. It took a little while, but baby skippah had her purple halter on in no time ! We bbq'ed brats and chicken-kebabs, I brought my home-made potato-salad (with crumbled bacon) Anyhoo...I love going out there!

We have very little family where I live. Its just me, mom, brother and sister. My dad passed a few yrs ago. And my brother is accross the country in the Marines. Sister was working. So just me and mom went to church. I took her to lunch. Got her a new purse and went shopping for a new outfit to match. We had a good day. She was very happy.

Archived