a little bit of advice:

EvaGina

this might not be applicable for all relationships, as advice tends to be...

but heres my two cents

dont hold back..

sounds easy, but its not as simple as one may think

we are always being told, on here and in real life, to give it time, to let it grow, to not push issues...

We are so scared of looking pushy or needy, clingy or possesive, that sometimes we forget that we have a right to ask for what we want in our relationships.

I think this becuase I have been worrying about Macca and I for a while, as some of you know... and this weekend I finally got up the guts and said what I was fearfull of. I got upset, I gave him a semi-ultimatumn... I demanded he had to tell me if he thought he was never going to love me, becuase it was unfair to keep me hanging...

he left the room and I thought he was either going to tell me it was best if I left, or tell me to keep waiting for a while... but instead I got to hear the magic words! - eep-

but thats not the point, the point is that I was driving myself mad, and not saying anything to keep him from feeling uncomfortable... but he THANKED me for forcing him to "drop his guard"...

Sometimes, in the right situation, a bit of heartfelt emotion, with no hidden agendas, is good for a relationship. Pus sy-footing around issues CAN sometimes give your SO the freedom to assess situations in their own time, but sometimes they just need a kick in the pants.

there you go, todays pointless Eva thread

AH HA!

You know what I speak of, dont you my sweet?

sometimes a good putting down of the foot is really needed...

but it has to be done fairly... which is where I think heaps of people mess up

they confuse empowered with power...

Two important messages here...

but thats not the point, the point is that I was driving myself mad

You have to go with what your feelings tell you, and put your sanity above all else

AND

Sometimes, in the right situation, a bit of heartfelt emotion, with no hidden agendas, is good for a relationship.

Honesty! Trust! Openness! Yup yup.

And I'm SO glad that you got to hear it! *eep*

Two important messages here...

You have to go with what your feelings tell you, and put your sanity above all else

but I also advocate waiting a while too

let your feelings known, wait to see what happens, THEN have a big moment about it...

oh, and thanks... it was lovely to hear

From a males perspective.....(and I don't want to generalise males, so it's my own male perspective)

I believe that is exactly what we want!! We don't want things fluffed up, or * * * * *-footed, we want to know exactly what you're thinking, what you want, and how you would like us to achieve it. We men are simple creatures, so please treat us with the dignity, and credit we deserve, and tell us what you're thinking!!!!

heh heh

Archived