My buddy and I went over to a friend's house last night to watch a movie. Well, some guy I've never met was there. 20 minutes in, the guy pulls out a bong and starts to smoke some weed. I got a couple good whiffs of the second hand smoke, for about 30 seconds. At least I could definitely smell it in the air and on my shirt. We left after that. I could care less that they do drugs, I just didn't want to jeopardize failing my test. Now, I've never smoked it before, so I don't know anything about it. I have to take a drug test for a new job in a couple of days. Will this show up in any way?

I suppose there might be some sort of super-sensitive state of the art test that might be able to detect the miniscule amount you were exposed to.

I seriously doubt that the majority of employers are going to pay for that sensitive a test for a pre-employment drug screen. It wouldn't be cost effective for them to use that kind of test. The only exception I could see is if you're applying for some sort of super-high-level security or financial type of position...then they might spend that kinda dough.

But I'm guessin' chances are good that's not the kind of job you're gettin' tested for, huh?

I know people who are very casual users (they smoke once or twice a month, max) who passed pre-employment drug screens without a problem. You'll be fine.

There is a really good chance it wont show, but if you want to be really sure, drink alot of water from now till the test.

Agreed. The water helps flush your system and dilutes whatever may have been in there.

I've been to plenty of parties and get drug screened on a regular basis, never had any problems.

Agreed. The water helps flush your system and dilutes whatever may have been in there.

I've been to plenty of parties and get drug screened on a regular basis, never had any problems.

grapefruit juice is better. but this kid id fine...really...you have nothing at all to worry about.

-DG724

The problem is that THIS can show up on a test, too! I just had a candidate take an exam that came back "Negative/Dilute", meaning they found no substances, but he had too much fluid (probably drank a lot of water). So, he did not pass that exam. Our client allows a second chance for these sort of results, so he retook it and passed, but it is something to take into the picture.

The problem is that THIS can show up on a test, too! I just had a candidate take an exam that came back "Negative/Dilute", meaning they found no substances, but he had too much fluid (probably drank a lot of water). So, he did not pass that exam. Our client allows a second chance for these sort of results, so he retook it and passed, but it is something to take into the picture.

well the original thread starter has nothing to worry about...being in the room with smokers will not make him fail the test.

-DG724

Archived