grn

Ok,

I've been in a relationship for a few months with a girl I'm crazy about. I trust her implicitly even though she is a bit of a free spirit and up until now I've been fine with her doing whatever she wants and have never been insecure.

My best friend fancied her before we got together and now they are just friends. The other day my GF and I had our first big argument and my best friend was really there for me. The next day he organised with her to go to London together cos he used to work in the industry she's interested in getting involved in, and he could show her around his old place of work. Then they say they are going to have a night out and get drunk and stay in a B&B together. My girlfriend told me that my best friend said not to tell me that they were going. Why not tell me? Previously when he had a GF he wanted to take me aswell, now he's single he secretly wants to take just her!

I'm really unhappy about this but because its going to be so helpful to her career my GF says shes going even though I'm unhappy with it. I cant confront my friend because he'll accuse me of being paranoid and I cant let him know my girlfriend told me.

Sorry to drone on, what can I do??

please help me

Worry about your friend rather than your gf.

It could just be something as innocent as not wanting to be a third wheel with the couple, but the fac that he told your gf not to tell you strikes me as sneaky and more than a little bit stupid.

The fact that she did tell you, and told you that he told her not to tell you says a lot about her trustworthiness. Maybe your gf could invite you on the London trip...

I'm so pleased that my girlfriend told me, I trust her and no way think anthing is going to happen, but think that my friend is acting suspiciously seing as he liked her before her and I were together. I'm just worried about the amount of alcohol that will flow as he is a BIG BIG drinker and maybe she will lower her defences.

I was thinking about suggesting to him that he take her (because he doesn't know that I know) that way I could discuss it with him openly without appearing to make accusations...what do you think?? any other ideas?

definitely, getting the trip out in the open between the three of you would be a good move.

And yeah, keep an eye on your friend and ask your gf to keep her guard up, it does sound suspicious on his side. I think she probably already thinks he's not completely trustworthy though, and won't be too put out by you asking.

I wouldn't ask to go along with them because she may think I dont trust her. I think I will ask her to call me at some time while she's there to make sure she's ok.

I'd be a lot happier if a knew he wasn't plying her with alcohol.

But I cant ask him no to let her drink (she's a major lightweight) cos if she were to find that out then I would be the one rewening her night away.

so how do i make it clear to my friend when we're talking that I dont want her drunk as a skunk without being over protective of threatening towards him???

Archived