doing all the work

hunter18

after my wifes 2 affairs, there is a few other of my post that go into detail about those, i feel i am the only one trying to make it work. i have read all the articles i could find, i have read 3 suggested books, and i even suggested marriage counceling to her. she just acts like everything is fine and since its been 3 months i should be over it. i don't even want to bring it back up, her reading the material i have because she acts like i am stupid and i get pissed off. she just says these people don't know us or about our relationship. i am just getting worse and don't know what else to do. does anyone have any suggestions on what else i can do? all the books i have read are on the side of staying in the marriage, is there any really good books that get to the point of should i stay or go? i am willing to read anything because i am fixing to throw in the towel if it don't get any better or she don't give some effort on this. thanks again to everyone.

I think you may benefit from a few couseling sessions on your own to help you sort out your options. I'm sure there are painful things you'd like to discuss but it sounds like she's dealing with it by ignoring the big purple elephant in the middle of the room, if you get my drift.

She has no right to tell you that you should be over her infidelity at the 3 month mark. It'll take you as long as it takes, and that's that.

Ultimately, though, it does take the efforts of 2 people to make a healthy relationship work, and it's not something you're going to be able to force her to do.

While you may not be able to get her to go to counseling with you, you can certainly go by yourself and start working out some of these issues with professional help. If she decides to join you later, great...if not, you will at least be able to get yourself strong enough that you will be in a better place to decide what to do.

While you may not be able to get her to go to counseling with you, you can certainly go by yourself and start working out some of these issues with professional help. If she decides to join you later, great...if not, you will at least be able to get yourself strong enough that you will be in a better place to decide what to do.

Shes2smart sounds pretty damn smart to me. You need to be able to make decissions for yourself. From this and other posts it does not sound like you are able to do that now. Please do whatever it takes to get there.

Archived