My girlfriend is sooo pretty. I can't stand it....

My girlfriend is very, very good looking (a 9 on the hottie scale - model material), and she dresses very well, mostly tight fitting outfits and stuff. Sometimes I feel a little bit intimidated by her good looks, almost like if I'm out of her league, and like there's way more guys out there that look way better than me.

We love each other very much, and she proves her love everyday. I don't think I have self-esteem issues (maybe I do), but sometimes I don't feel like I'm worthy enough to be with a girl that's so pretty. I know most of you guys will say that trust is what's important, and that I should feel lucky and stuff like that, but that still doesn't make me feel any better. I can't get the thought out of my head of her possibly looking at other guys as being more attractive, more now that she just started her college classes. How can I change my thinking? Any guys or girls in the same situation? Thanks!!!

Okay, maybe I only date an 8 (LOL), but I do date a very attractive girl-I know she looks at other guys and thinks they are more attractive than me, but I look at other girls as well, but we don't act out and go after these people. Just because someone is attractive doesn't make them think you are ugly-beauty is a state of mind...I'm sure my girlfriend could go out there and meet some guys that are more attractive, but I don't worry about that because I can only worry about us and not about when she's not with me sometimes and sees another guy. Relationships take a long time to build and seeing a stranger in the mall that is more attractive than her doesn't make me go over to this girl and ask her out! Not sure if this make sense, but I guess as you say it is a trust issue...just enjoy your time with her and if it's true love you'll have nothing to worry about!

maybe you are just being humble, dont feel unworthy, well think of it like this, if she is as gorgeos as you say she is and im sure she is, then dont worry about it. even if heaven forbid, she was looking at other guys what the hell could you do about it? not a whole lot, just make sure that your relationship is a loving one, and other than that HAVE FUN! I mean really if she was going to do something she probly woulda done it by now. I dont think you need worry, just enjoy her company. and if your really so worried just make sure you dress good and comb your hair. not much else you can do after that. well hope this helps

Hey There !

A few of my mates and I were talking about this very thing only last night. The conclusion was that we all agreed that we would not be always totally comfortable going out with a model girlfriend. It is probably ultimately a protective nature in us - but I believe it is fuled by the competitive nature of dating - on a primal animal level. If you want the model girlfriend - you are going to need the ultimate trust to be comfortable - and you really do need to be comfortable in the situation. Guys will look at her - and some of them will be very open about it aswell - thats the nature of the game. Remember, your concerns are in your mind - and you simply need to adress the concerns by gaining comfort with the situation by whatever means necessary. Whatever you do though, try not to let her know you are thinking this unless it is realla really really bothering you - acusations about lack of trust can get messy and lead down the road you surely don't want to travel.

Hope this helps you some,

~Charmed~

I agree with the advice the others have given.. and a few other pieces:

I am dating someone with that kind of universally-recognized beauty. He is almost perfect, and I consider him almost "prettier" than me.. haha.. basically, symmetrical facial features, perfect little nose, beautiful eyes rimmed with long eyelashes, solid body, etc. etc. etc.

Girls everywhere we go flirt like crazy with him... And he may look at other girls.. but look, he chose ME, for reasons including but definitely not limited to my looks (ie our personalities click, a mutual respect and admiration, etc).

SO . . . Your girlfriend surely cares greatly for you, and just because she's been blessed with the rare quality of flawlessness, does not make her superhuman. She cares for you, and unless she shows signs that she's shallow and capricious, I doubt you have anything to seriously stress about bud.

Oh, and one more thing: DON'T treat her like she's some mythological goddess. Do be real with her, show her you appreciate her for all of her attributes, not just her beauty. She probably wants to be equals with you, and not have you feeling like her inferior.

my bf feels exactly the same as you. He always asks me what i see in him & why i would be with him when there is so many other "cuter" guys out there. I honestly wonder exactly the same thing about him...I know I'm not the prettiest girl out there, but in his mind I am. I know other girls don't find my bf to be the hottest guy & he doesn't think he's close to it, but in my mind he is. The reason is because I love my bf. I wouldn't give him up for anything, or anyone. My bf is the only guy that matters. I don't just love him for his looks, his has a great personality & treats me perfect. When someone has a great personality like that, you can't help but find them to be the perfect person. your gf probably has the same feelings, so don't worry about it, just consider yourself very lucky to have found someone so beautiful that loves you for you.

These replies are helping me a lot!!

I just hate feeling this way because I'm always asking my g/f questions like, "Do guys in your school approach you?" or "Do guys in the street try to talk to you?". She really gets upset when I ask her these questions. Just this morning, I ask her the first question, and she got really mad and she responded, "Why do you keep asking me? Do you want me to tell you that I do talk to these guys? Is that what you want to hear?" I felt so bad and guilty for asking her that... How can I defuse this? How can I help her to see what I'm going through without getting her upset, or should I just leave the subject alone? I'm really, really trying...

• 4 weeks later...

0X umm well 4 me now, im at my skewl and my bf is 1 of the hottest guys at the skewl , all the girls thenk hes hot as hell, and i think im ugly as hell so yeah i alwayz wunder why he likes me, he alwayz hangs around other girls and umm when i tell him 2 stop he will but then later hell do it again, and i threaten 2 slap him so he stops until the next day, i think hes a player right now judging forth 2 me, i hate when he does it, so just be lucky she dosent have guys wanting 2 come over and sleep with her, and u dont hafta watch guys pick her up,,,,,,,, so um yeah