The ex is making himself known loud and clear...

SO me and the ex broke up in late Septemver...thats right nearly 6 months ago.

For the first couple months he would send emails every 2-3-4 weeks with nothing to respond to "hope youre well" "nice pics"

In november he sent a nasty gram saying how he'd met a new girl, shes wonderful, and he sees no future with us (i hadnt asked btw).

I ignored this email...a month lter he sends an email apologizing for how he hurt me during the breakup and saying how great i am.

Xmas he texted, New years he texted....mid january he saw that i was in a relationship and texted to congratulate.

A month went by and then he texted me how am i doing. He noted im on a dating website, i let him know its a hidden profile. He wished me luck in school and said maybe we could get together, i said goodnight

two days later he emailed asking about family, school, life

this weekend he texted how am i, hello and then called and left a voicemail saying he wanted to talk and that hopefully we'll talk later.

What is this?? After 6 months? Interpretations?

Sounds like he is testing the water to me. Maybe he just wants to know that he still holds some control over your emotions. Could be a lot of things.

If I were you, I would just come right out and ask him why he is contacting you.

Yes, have the self respect to NOT leave yourself in "wonder or doubt" but ask him directly and cleary. Asking him: "I notice you are contacting me more frequently and I'm sure you can understand that respectfully I'd like to know what your intentions are in texting me, emailing me, etc... I would need to know your intentions before I decide if it is okay for "ME" to meet with you and talk."

Asking him this will make HIM "emotionally responsible" for his "reasons" in contacting you.. it's important not to be "afraid" of asking him what his intentions are...

This is the classy, self respecting, mature way to know where he stands and then to make a choice IF you even want to engage in any conversation with him.. Because the fact is, he's been a bit wishy-washy, and you need to protect your own heart, set some standards/values for any time, energy or thought you are willing to put into a guy who may just be "lonely, curious, whatever".. so asking him to state his intentions clearly will guide you as to what YOU want to do...