Strangely proud

Recently i have been thinking about how i am gonna deal with the summer and the scars on my upper body. I know i wont be able to escape questions about not wearing T-shirts etcetera... I was thinking of getting tattoos over my scars or some other ways of getting rid of them. The thing is that i feel strangely proud. I feel they are a part of me, as if it is part of my identity and that it would be wrong to ignore the past - to ignore the pain and muck.

It's like that papa roach lyric "these scars remind me that the past is real, i tear my heart open, just to feel".

I wanna get rid of them so noone else can see them but i want to look at them. i feel they define me but the negative reactions that people will give me make me want to get rid of them.

I know this isnt really a question but i just wanted to know how other people felt about this kinda thing - do i wear long shirts all summer? just show them and not care what people think? cover them with tattoos?

I have scars on my thighs that people question, I just tell them honestly "I was having an emo phase when I was drinking too much"...

they just kinda accept it, and if anyone asks any genuine questions about what was going on, I answer them.

My scars remind me too... although I dont like them, I dont hate them either.

• Like 1

I have scars on one of my arms, and i wear shirts with short sleaves and stuff... No i'm not trying to show them off but anyone who is shallow enough to judge on scars isn't worth my time. they are a part of your past. They show who you were and how far you have come. If you want to cover them up with a tattoo do it, but only do it because you want to, not because you are afraid of what others will think.

• Like 1

thanks for your comments, i really appreaciate them. I mean it would be a whole lot off my mind if i just stopped being scared of what people will think.

The main people im scared will see them is my family. Just wandering Rozi!, how did your family react? and how did you tell them?....did you get a load of lectures and tellings off?

thanks a lot,

Decado

Yeah well my family are stupid and completely blind. I think my sister knows but apart from that they all just believed my story about my friends cat attcking me... Its obvious it isn't from that but hey i'm not complaining my family are stupid and would say i'm doing things for attention and to just get over it lol. But i mean it those people who judge you on your past, well who wants them? Really they have there own skeletons and in the end they should be the ones ashamed not you.