The LOVE word

my ex used to use the word love for just about everything. "i love (specific band)". go out with some friends, have a good time, then friends go home "oh, i love XXXX". then when the word is directed at me, it doesn't feel so sharp. was this an overreaction? i pointed this out several times, but she never changed that. really irritated me.

I saw that, hence the word 'ex.'

Probably just an expressive person. I know guys who talk the same way. I love Pepsi. But I don't want to have sex with it. It's just an hyperbole, an exagerrated way of speaking. I hear it all the time, from both sexes.

There are different kinds of love. Even the love you have for your children is very different than the love you have for your SO. I am sure the way she loves music is very different than the way she loved you.

I do think it was an overreaction on your part... Words have multiple meanings in our language.

For some reason, I just envisioned a girl walking in a room saying "I love that carpet, I love that song, I love that clock, and I looooove you!" Chuckles...

I probably do this. Say I love things. Tell my friends, my children, my family I love them. And often. Because I do love them. I have alot of things and people I love in my life. That doesn't mean though, that "Love" is meaningless. And I try to express love as often as possible.

Was it maybe her lack of loving everything combined with somehow making your relationship feel meaningless in other ways?