working from home???

The main at-home jobs I've heard of are through companies. I have had three friends who were able to work at home after being hired by companies. Is there a certain field you are experienced in that you can do from home? I worked for a dentist who used an at home mom for all of his billing and collections. Hope this helps!

Another thing...you can always invent your own! I know someone who started delivering cookies locally (and they ARE GOOD). She has a website she uses for it and hired someone to do the deliveries. She also sends them in the mail. Brainstorm and think...are you religious? If so, I suggest prayer and more prayer. that's how I get lots of answers.

wow, it sounds like you have alot on your plate. have you thought about bringing more kids into the home? Probably real stressful, though, when you already have a new baby and toddler to take care of. Telecommuting is becoming more common but usually you start out in the office and move to your home later. Perhaps you could find an elderly person to live with your family. They normally require much less care than kids and pay better. That's what my mom did when we were little. We basically had one elderly person after the other living with us. Not only did it help pay the bills, but my first best friend was this old guy named Bob who apparently I loved when I was a toddler. We would hang out all day. Then there was this crazy lady named Florence who was 90 years old but did somersaults in our living room. Anyway, I;m getting off topic here.

Another idea is tutoring kids after school.

Just be careful not to get involved in a scam, ok?

I work from home and my job is legit, but the route I went probably won't work for you since you seem to need something you can start immediately. I got an internship at a small-medium company while I was in college. When I graduated and they offered me a fulltime position, I took it on the condition that I would be allowed to telecommute while my husband was in graduate school, so that he would have the freedom to go to the best school that accepted him and then go on to the best internship he got without me having to constantly change jobs.

While my situation is very different from yours, I think it's important that you know that working from home isn't always all it's cracked up to be. It can be VERY lonely. You will have your children at home with you, so that may help you, but most likely you won't be able to interact with them all the time. There will be times when you just have to concentrate on your job, and those times can get very hard. I have found that the loneliness can sometimes even make my job more difficient, and tasks that I could normally complete very easily are a lot more taxing on me now that I'm by myself, without people to bounce ideas off of.

If you do choose to work from home, plan regular activities to get you out of the house. Take a class, join a gym, whatever. The first few months I was here, I would go days without leaving the house and it literally drove me nuts. Also, try to find a job that still allows some level of people interaction - so maybe some sort of customer service type thing, if possible. Also, if you can find a local company that will allow you to work from home, try to arrange it so that you can maybe work in the office once a month, just to keep yourself in touch with your co-workers.

Goodluck!